Engerland Fans - Page 11 - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Engerland Fans

Ormond

4 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

From my time in Eastern Europe the bum bag seemed to be an essential male fashion accessory.

To be fair you don't need a jaikit for about half the year out there...

They also like their tiny man-bags for work (not a over the shoulder strap messenger/dj bag effort, but a small leather case that would probably hold a mobile phone and that is about all it can hold).... when me and the Mrs were dating she was actually going to get me one, as she thought they were the height of fashion, and I told (more like ordered!) her no chance..... after a few years of living here, when she goes back home and we go to a restaurant and some guy walks in with one (imagine Del Trotter with his Filofax :lol: ) straight away her eyes roll into the back of her head and she dies a little bit more inside 

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to be a bit of an attempt to whitewash the England fans in the media.

I can see how you could feel a bit unlucky to get lifted and jailed, but if you're admitting to throwing bottles and chairs at the police, your defence that the Russians started it is pretty weak.

Yep. Until the showdown(s) with the Russians it was pretty clear a sizeable number of English fans (and I'd put it at significantly more than the supposed 150 Russian ultras) were happy to engage with all and sundry with bottles and chairs. Even English reporters were pretty scathing of English fans on Friday. The Russians have given some an opportunity to shout "Look! Squirrel!". Whether it's an attempt to buy some time and get some control behind the scenes, or soft political power at play, not sure.

Anyone with half a brain though knows the amount of fighting we've seen since last Thursday isn't down to 150 Russians with a gym membership and an MMA video.

I think our best chance of qualifying for 2018 is if England get kicked out before it starts. It might be worth our while sending out some mercenaries to stir up a bit of bother. Parkie is out there this week. I'm sure he could start up a riot all on his own, if he put his mind to it. He would have to pretend to be English, of course. But I'm sure that as soon as they see his running style (and they will see it pretty quickly, I would imagine), they will immediately suspect that he is one of them Nigels. 

3 hours ago, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

russia-vans-england-vs-russia-euro-2016_

Hooligans wearing Bum Bags! That's the sort of practical approach English hooligans are going to have to employ to survive in these cut throat times for hooligans resting on their past laurels.

Glad they caught that fekkin dug that kept walking round the track...

12 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I think our best chance of qualifying for 2018 is if England get kicked out before it starts. It might be worth our while sending out some mercenaries to stir up a bit of bother. Parkie is out there this week. I'm sure he could start up a riot all on his own, if he put his mind to it. He would have to pretend to be English, of course. But I'm sure that as soon as they see his running style (and they will see it pretty quickly, I would imagine), they will immediately suspect that he is one of them Nigels. 

That's your most bizarre and random way of attempting to have a pop at me in a thread yet. Which, given the frequency with which you do it, is pretty impressive. 

Dont know whats going on at the Champs de Mar but reports of water cannon and tear gas

Isnt even any games on in Paris

Ck68LBAXIAARZJM.jpg

Edit - its to do with the strike seemingly

Edited by Ally Bongo

3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Dont know whats going on at the Champs de Mar but reports of water cannon and tear gas

Isnt even any games on in Paris

Ck68LBAXIAARZJM.jpg

Edit - its to do with the strike seemingly

It's the union protests today. There's always a few masked lefty student types getting in the face of the riot police and then getting gassed or water cannoned. Regular occurance now.

22 minutes ago, North East Loon said:

Russkies had go at England and Wales in Lille apparently

It's a pity the welsh got sucked into it "we're england and wales" is what they were singing at the handful of russians.

So apparently it was all down to 150'russians all the violence in Marsellie, and now 10 of them are causing havoc in Lille.? Am sure the hardcore English thugs will not put up with that for much longer and will get drawn into violence with the Russians.

there was violence in Marseille before the Russians got there, and that was blamed on the locals and the French police.   

How can uefa ban Russia and then sanction the World Cup there in 2018? Where else in Europe would be able to host the World Cup at such short notice? A country that has not had a World Cup for about 50years, and has the stadium and infrastructure in place? 

1 minute ago, Scotunited said:

How can uefa ban Russia and then sanction the World Cup there in 2018? Where else in Europe would be able to host the World Cup at such short notice? A country that has not had a World Cup for about 50years, and has the stadium and infrastructure in place? 

World Cup falls under FIFA which is seperate legislation than UEFA and one has no effect on the other (IIRC the likes of Croatia and Serbia have had punishments dished out under 1 and had to wait 2 years to serve their punishment as it does not come into effect under the next tournament as that is being arranged by another Federation).

1 minute ago, wanderer said:

World Cup falls under FIFA which is seperate legislation than UEFA and one has no effect on the other (IIRC the likes of Croatia and Serbia have had punishments dished out under 1 and had to wait 2 years to serve their punishment as it does not come into effect under the next tournament as that is being arranged by another Federation).

Thanks for the info, but I am sure these facts will have no place in the debate about if Russia should stage the World Cup.  The media will be campaigning for it to be removed from them.

37 minutes ago, Scotunited said:

So apparently it was all down to 150'russians all the violence in Marsellie, and now 10 of them are causing havoc in Lille.? Am sure the hardcore English thugs will not put up with that for much longer and will get drawn into violence with the Russians.

there was violence in Marseille before the Russians got there, and that was blamed on the locals and the French police.   

Germany would be the fall back option. Possibly France as they have just hosted the Euros.

Also England were 4th in the 2018 vote. Spain/Portugal and Netherlands/Belgium were both above them.

2 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

Germany would be the fall back option. Possibly France as they have just hosted the Euros.

Also England were 4th in the 2018 vote. Spain/Portugal and Netherlands/Belgium were both above them.

I read years ago that FIFA always had contingency plans in place for World Cups if something drastic happend that forced a change, England were on the list along with Germany and the US 

9 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

I read years ago that FIFA always had contingency plans in place for World Cups if something drastic happend that forced a change, England were on the list along with Germany and the US 

Yes this is true.

Mexico were on the list for 1986.

1 hour ago, Scotunited said:

Where else in Europe would be able to host the World Cup at such short notice? A country that has not had a World Cup for about 50years, and has the stadium and infrastructure in place? 

The England fans have probably done a bit of damage any potential contingency!

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

That's your most bizarre and random way of attempting to have a pop at me in a thread yet. Which, given the frequency with which you do it, is pretty impressive. 

thought it was mildly funny myself.

8 hours ago, Toepoke said:

From my time in Eastern Europe the bum bag seemed to be an essential male fashion accessory.

To be fair you don't need a jaikit for about half the year out there...

Do they no have pockets?

6 hours ago, mariokempes56 said:

Glad they caught that fekkin dug that kept walking round the track...

?

Several English fans still in comas yet not one Russian fan arrested for violence? Madness. 

England have some utter cvnts in their support but Russia have sub human scum in theirs Who think nothing of hitting guys on the deck with iron bars. 

Tomorrow has the potential to be wild. Really hope nobody is seriously injured. 

The French couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.