Engerland Fans - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Engerland Fans

Ormond

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, what ive read is marseille fans atracked some england fans sitting at a bar, police etc involved, then other england fans decided to attack some cafes and stores in retaliation. 

7 hours ago, Kirk said:

The catalyst seems to be england fans chanting "ISIS where are you?" In a heavily muslim area.

Idiots

If true that is pure madness feckin idiots.

Any of you guys ever been to Marseille? The place is mental. As much as the England fans have a reputation for this, I wont be jumping to conclusions about them starting it. And if they were stupid enough to start it last night, they will probably be in for a long couple of days. There are a lot of seriously dodgy lads in Marseille

2 minutes ago, giblet said:

sure they had trouble in Marseilles during the World Cup in 1998 as well.

think that's where the riots where over 100 arrests that day think it was the game where England played Tunisia the heat and the swally and England fans don't mix somehow 

Surely if you are trying to get rid of a stereotype then you dont put the bald, fat 50 year old at the head of your hooligan charge ?

8 hours ago, Kirk said:

The catalyst seems to be england fans chanting "ISIS where are you?" In a heavily muslim area.

Idiots

Kudos where it's due

That takes some balls !

2 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Taked lack of brains

They also had the crusader outfits on when they were asking where ISIS were !

Cap doffed lol

Marseille is an absolute hovel.

My boss is there just now and says is pretty tense. He's certainly not a troublemaker. 

The folk on this thread jumping to conclusions are probably the ones that ran away/stood back and watched Scotland fans get a shoeing in Kiev....

15 minutes ago, Flora MaDonald said:

As someone said previously. Have you been to the place? Barely a Frenchman in sight. I am aware of their nonsense in Algeria, but FFS.

When we were at Italia 90 we flew to Nice and stayed along the coast in Menton which is just next to the Italian border

We were told at least a dozen times from all sorts of nationalities to not go anywhere near Marseille as there was a good chance you would disappear

I wouldn't doubt there is 2 sides to this story.

England fans have a reputation, and could imagine them being targeted by local gangs.

The combination of gangs of North Africans and pissed up England fans is never going to end well.

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

My boss is there just now and says is pretty tense. He's certainly not a troublemaker. 

The folk on this thread jumping to conclusions are probably the ones that ran away/stood back and watched Scotland fans get a shoeing in Kiev....

eh, is that you jumping to conclusions do you think?

30 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye we do have a number of fans like that !!

Had a great night in Marseilles on the way to the friendly in St. Etienne in 1997.  

This was after the qualifiers but before the draw.  Went to the OM supporters bar and was talking to the owner about organising something if we were going to be playing there.  Great people. 

England fans showing a complete lack of self awareness and common sense as per usual. 

Taking the wee man to Marseille next weekend for 3 nights to see Poland v Ukraine. Well, one night in Marseille and two nights on the coast in Cassis. Cannae wait, both of us are buzzing for it. Just away to pick up his Lewandowski 9 top from Football Nation. 

Worriers will be worriers, but we'll have a ball ??

Im quite sure that chunky lad with the skinhead and traditional hoolie gear on who was screaming in the face of the police was just having a quiet wee beer before bed time.

Remember it's also Ramadan so if the English are noising up the locals before sunset they're going to get a stronger reaction back. Hunger can make people quite irritable...

I feel more intimidated in Glasgow than in Marseille to be honest.