Today is the day that it really struck home how utterly pathetic we are at football - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Today is the day that it really struck home how utterly pathetic we are at football

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, dan cake said:

Correct, our management team are stuck in the past

What do McCall and McGhee offer? Surely someone like Ian Cathro with fresh ideas should be involved. Being somebody's mate or ex-team mate shouldn't be enough to get you a job in international football

Agreed. It's enough to get you a licence at largs though so why not? The whole set up in this country has been crying out for change for decades but instead the old guard hold on running things the way it's always been done. And where we are is the result.

4 hours ago, adamntg said:

Well, well, well.  2-0 to the North of Ireland.  Second goal set up by Magennis and scored by McGinn.   It's not like we don't have players as good as those two. 

We don't have anyone as good as mcginn. 

Aberdeen has someone equal to him,but not Scotland. 

After all,he makes Ronaldo look shite.......:sing:

2 minutes ago, Nobby said:

I dont want to rub it in but its looking like all of the home nations might get out of the group stage :lol::ph34r:

In the interests of absolute accuracy, I believe that one of the home nations didn't actually get into the group stage ...

Wales and N.Ireland have already got 3 points each. That might well be enough already to be one of the 4 best 3rd place teams. 4 points and I think you're definitely through.

Was thinking yesterday about the number of tournaments where Scotland have managed a win,draw and loss in our 3 group games and never gone through. I know we've usually made a mess of things but we're definitely unlucky as well. '74 we had a win and 2 draws and still got knocked out. '82 Italy had 3 draws in the group and ended up winning it.

I remember at times over last couple of years dreading all the 'home' nations qualifying except us. I expect them to all get through their groups now. Not sure about the Republic tho, they might have to beat Belgium (although Belgium were pish in their first game). 

On 16 June 2016 at 7:49 PM, ShedTA said:
On 17 June 2016 at 2:49 PM, Regenmann said:

Worst Euros I can remember. Expanding it to 24 just means more pish teams. Whose effing brilliant idea was that...?

Anyway, the 24 team set up has its draw backs but at the same time it gives lower seeded sides a chance at a one off game in the next round where anything can happen. I've always been critical of group based tournaments, particularly the champions league. When Celtic beat barca at Celtic park it was a great result but it ultimately mean nothing whilst barca went through easily in the end.

at least with this new format we may see some shocks in the latter stages 

On 15/06/2016 at 7:03 AM, Fairbairn said:
2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

The quote function on this board is terrible when using the iPad. 

Not just on the Ipad. My phone is having a hard time with it too.

Appears to be a mobile device issue as I've got a Sony Xperia Z2 with Android on it.

I like the format. Some new teams, most teams have something to play for in every match and whilst the quality has been slightly diluted there are still some good teams that haven't made it - Netherlands being the obvious example. 

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Slovakia are pretty pish apart from Hamsik......and they're holding them to 0-0!

Hope is stirring within me ?

I wish that I had some hope for the next campaign...I don't...

We have a rubbish defence...Fletcher is too isolated up front on his own...one runner from midfield..anya...players that continue to be picked when they should be put to grass and a negative setup that does not seem to suit our players..apart from that we are ace...

I cannot see us getting near England and Slovakia unfortunately.  I also think that it will be close between us, Slovenia and even Lithuania...

COME THE MALTA GAME I WILL HAVE CHANGED MY MIND!  LOL...BRING IT ON!

1 hour ago, WeLuvIrnBru said:

I wish that I had some hope for the next campaign...I don't...

We have a rubbish defence...Fletcher is too isolated up front on his own...one runner from midfield..anya...players that continue to be picked when they should be put to grass and a negative setup that does not seem to suit our players..apart from that we are ace...

I cannot see us getting near England and Slovakia unfortunately.  I also think that it will be close between us, Slovenia and even Lithuania...

COME THE MALTA GAME I WILL HAVE CHANGED MY MIND!  LOL...BRING IT ON!

Feck off with your realism. Hope is the only way forward?

5 hours ago, slasher said:

Feck off with your realism. Hope is the only way forward?

Hope has worked wonders for us the past 18 years right enough ?

I can just see WGS at the next squad get together "right lads we had high hopes for this campaign but that's aw oot the Windae now, weloveirnbru posted on the tam board that we're Donald ducked, the games up the pole"

Edited by DoonTheSlope

47 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Hope has worked wonders for us the past 18 years right enough ?

I can just see WGS at the next squad get together "right lads we had high hopes for this campaign but that's aw oot the Windae now, weloveirnbru posted on the tam board that we're Donald ducked, the games up the pole"

That's what I love about this board....all the smart arses and all the positivity ?