England v russia - Page 3 - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

England v russia

Mee

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

This England strip is the ugliest I have ever seen. The Top looks like some abomination of a Scotland top and the socks are this tequila sunrise nightmare. All together it is really hideous.

Really? Worse than that pink ragĀ we currently have as an away top?

does seem a bit of a joke format, i really hate when uefa contrive to make the so many best second or third place or whatever quality, that is a very poor way to make up the numbers.

should be top 2 from each group and go from there. have the correct number of groups to allow it be.

4 minutes ago, Boynze said:

does seem a bit of a joke format, i really hate when uefa contrive to make the so many best second or third place or whatever quality, that is a very poor way to make up the numbers.

should be top 2 from each group and go from there. have the correct number of groups to allow it be.

It lessens the chances of any real shocks....it's highly unlikely that any of the 'big' countries will get knocked out under this format.

44 minutes ago, Boynze said:

The 16 team Euros were great, hopefully we'll return to it.

Given that it was Scotland's proposal to increase it to 24 and we still couldn't make it to the finals, might as well campaign to reverse the decision...

6 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Or we skoosh it up to 32 for the next one with the usual top two qualify format , that way we might qualify, but mibbaes naw,

Bosnia-Herz, Serbia, Holland, Denmark, Slovenia, Norway, Israel and us?

Qualification competition would be a joke if the Euros went to 32.

25 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

If it went up to 32 then more joke teams would qualify

Our only hope

Good chance that Scotland will break the Welsh 58 year record of not qualifying for a finals

18 years and counting

47 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Maybe have quarter-finalists qualifying automatically for the next tournament?

I don't see UEFA expanding to 32 teams anytime soon, unless there's a lot of new UEFA members joining the near future...

20 minutes ago, Mitre said:

I would suggest the main problem is their seriously dodgy keeper and a really average central defence

Aye, midfield and up front they have plenty of options, but the defence is average at best. I'm licking my wounds after waging a hefty sum on England - the Sony was nearly flying out the window when the equaliser went in.

Edited by Regenmann

1 hour ago, Mitre said:

I would suggest the main problem is their seriously dodgy keeper and a really average central defence

Smalling and Cahill are pretty comical at times, although Rose is never good enough either IMO.

I think the Hart love inĀ is brilliant, the guy is average at best, the English media think he is world class, I can't wait for him to flap one into his goal.Ā 

17 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Smalling and Cahill are pretty comical at times, although Rose is never good enough either IMO.

I think the Hart love inĀ is brilliant, the guy is average at best, the English media think he is world class, I can't wait for him to flap one into his goal.Ā 

Hart looked like the real deal when he first broke through but he hasn't kicked on and he's suffered from not having any real competition at either club or international level.

Ā 

24 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Aye, but there's no dandruff on those shoulders.

I was a wee bit concerned about England before the tournament started but after watching them last night I am now fairly confident that they will make their usual QF tournament exit. They will be given an easy draw in the last 16 but they can't avoid the decent opposition after that.