Northern Ireland v Poland - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Northern Ireland v Poland

EddardStark

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just leaving hotel now for a long lunch with a few heart starters. We topped our group are playing with confidence so hopefully we can get something out of the match today. going to be tough but we really have nothing to lose. The atmosphere is unbelievable and we'll have more than double the amount of fans in Lyon on Thursday!

15 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Haha, let me guess, all the Huns will wish them well.

Pretty much aye.

"Protestant brothers across the water" - "their Scottish just like us" pish and all that. They are not Scottish and they certainly ain't my "brothers".

9 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Pretty much aye.

"Protestant brothers across the water" - "their Scottish just like us" pish and all that. They are not Scottish and they certainly ain't my "brothers".

Support them, don't support them, take a side in their politics or a pox on both their houses.

That said, as much as you might find it an inconvenient truth, Northern Ireland has more connections - culturally, linguistically, genetically and historically - to Scotland than any other country.  That applies to both "traditions". 

Edited by aaid

10 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Pretty much aye.

It'll be the same the morn on here when the tims start their plastic paddy love in.

4 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

aye it's gash your right are they Scotland in disguise Poland are nae great shakes either 

At least we gave them a game in both games. We definitely weren't as bad as that first half

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

Support them, don't support them, take a side in their politics or a pox on both their houses.

That said, as much as you might find it an inconvenient truth, Northern Ireland has more connections - culturally, linguistically, genetically and historically - to Scotland than any other country.  That applies to both "traditions". 

It's time they should accept the fact that they are Irish and have been for a long time now. 

They are about as Scottish as Koala bears or coconuts.