Black Players - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Black Players

Third Lanark

Surely any immigrant to UK has as much qualification to play for Scotland, Wales and NI as they have to play for ingerland? I suspect that genuine ignorance of UK / England distinction that still prevails amongst indigenous English themselves is partly to blame. Why should England get the pick of all immigrants? They emigrate to UK- 4 nations. As euan2020 states , Le Saux, Barnes et al could have played for us. Cyril Regis too. Question is though, do they WANT to?

8 minutes ago, Jacques Hunt said:

Surely any immigrant to UK has as much qualification to play for Scotland, Wales and NI as they have to play for ingerland? I suspect that genuine ignorance of UK / England distinction that still prevails amongst indigenous English themselves is partly to blame. Why should England get the pick of all immigrants? They emigrate to UK- 4 nations. As euan2020 states , Le Saux, Barnes et al could have played for us. Cyril Regis too. Question is though, do they WANT to?

You're forgetting the gentlemen's agreement that prevails among the home nations. England could take snodgrass if they wished - there is no English or Scottish nationality.

4 hours ago, euan2020 said:

what about the Kenyan distance runners - (all comng from 1 tribe as well )  

Because they need to cover so much distance to get to school, transport goods etc.

its primarily cultural.

The altitude of the country plays a big part in this too.

Edited by BraveheartGordon

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 2:33 AM, McExpat said:

Fast twitch muscle fibers?

What about the African marathon runners - I read a study that covered many interesting aspects relating to the genetic profile that supported their superiority at long distance running, problem is I currently can't quite recall the specifics. 

In any event, I'd have reservations with anything taught as gospel at Universities, only need look towards Doctor's and their obsession with 'treating' every 'symptom' with drugs, due to the x,y,z study's 'findings' 

There's a difference between something taught as ''gospel'' in universities and the conclusion that the scientific community accepts because of overwhelming evidence.

There are limited studies which were found with gaping holes in the rationale and were disproved by other studies.

10 hours ago, BraveheartGordon said:

Because they need to cover so much distance to get to school, transport goods etc.

its primarily cultural.

The altitude of the country plays a big part in this too.

sorry - that is just made up - I'm off to find an article i read back in the day about that tribes geneology