Buffon - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Buffon

irnbruman

51 minutes ago, northernscum said:

Jesus Christ, mate.:blink:

i know, totally out of context re the point on buffon, just a lazy excuse to shoe-horn in a saville joke.

i really admire him as a keeper, dont know much about him personally right enough.

there was a period when juve were really strong, when thuram etc were in the team, and you got this feeling that he was totally unbeatable. I mean there was actually no way possible to get the ball past him. most strikers were probably going to miss long before they hit a shot because of this.

probably best keeper in my lifetime. also like casillas but you always got the feeling he was lucky rather than good if you know what i mean. cech was the best at one point too, but he is prone to a major howler from time to time, so not quite up there.

i also really liked oliver khan, he had that same invincibility that buffon had aswell.

I think a lot of us remember him and Cannavaro coming out to applaud the fans when they beat us at Hampden.  Iirc they got booed at the beginning then people realised what they were doing and returned the applause.  Some fantastic saves tonight.

9 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I think a lot of us remember him and Cannavaro coming out to applaud the fans when they beat us at Hampden.  Iirc they got booed at the beginning then people realised what they were doing and returned the applause.  Some fantastic saves tonight.

:ok:

Best goalkeeper in the world and ever in my opinion, the guy is like a brick wall, very hard to get through, I put money on a Belgium Italy final yesterday and way draws shaped up I can see it happening as Germany have a horrible record against the Italians.