Congratulations Iceland - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Congratulations Iceland

Toepoke

1 minute ago, brant grebner said:

Ronaldo greeting to the ref at the final whistle and then storming off the pitch in the huff and no shaking any Iceland player's hands.

What a fvcking príck

Referee was a strange one and ronaldo had a point...

but he's still an arrogant c##t

Well deserved point. Aye, they were 10 men behind the ball as expected but when the opportunity arose they were up the park and created a handful of good chances. A solid unit, fantastic team effort and they'll get some amount of confidence from this result! ????

24 minutes ago, brant grebner said:

Ronaldo greeting to the ref at the final whistle and then storming off the pitch in the huff and no shaking any Iceland player's hands.

What a fvcking príck

He is an utter spoiled dick - time someone hit him hard.

The BBC commentators really are ignorant patronising fukers. Do they not realise that Iceland are capable of getting decent results against the "Big" teams? Do they not know that they had to win some games to qualify? They beat Turkey, Czech Rep and Netherlands (twice). Listening to them you would think that tonight's result was the biggest upset in football history.

7 hours ago, Orraloon said:

The BBC commentators really are ignorant patronising fukers. Do they not realise that Iceland are capable of getting decent results against the "Big" teams? Do they not know that they had to win some games to qualify? They beat Turkey, Czech Rep and Netherlands (twice). Listening to them you would think that tonight's result was the biggest upset in football history.

Agreed.  I can't believe how much of an underdog status they had.  It is a remarkable result for such a small country but commentators seemed to be completely unaware of the progress Iceland have made in recent years. They have been a good team at several different levels for a few years. Lots of credit to Lagerback and the Icelandic FA.

4 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Agreed.  I can't believe how much of an underdog status they had.  It is a remarkable result for such a small country but commentators seemed to be completely unaware of the progress Iceland have made in recent years. They have been a good team at several different levels for a few years. Lots of credit to Lagerback and the Icelandic FA.

It's a pity that they didn't get drawn against England. Imagine what the commentators would be like if Iceland had dared to take a point off England?:lol:

Fair doos, I'm as accurate as mystic meg and you all know more about football than I do.  Bravo Iceland and all who told me how good iceland were!

Didn't get a chance to see much of it, just a few mins.  Iceland looked like a pub team with 2 ringers up front and Nani was as squanderous as ever.  Knew when ronaldo was whining 10 mins in, the bunnet was on the line...

Sounds like he threw the toys out the pram, F*ck him, he's no Messi.

Now I'm just finishing my cream of bunnet sauce

16 minutes ago, thistle do nicely said:

Fair doos, I'm as accurate as mystic meg and you all know more about football than I do.  Bravo Iceland and all who told me how good iceland were!

Didn't get a chance to see much of it, just a few mins.  Iceland looked like a pub team with 2 ringers up front and Nani was as squanderous as ever.  Knew when ronaldo was whining 10 mins in, the bunnet was on the line...

Sounds like he threw the toys out the pram, F*ck him, he's no Messi.

Now I'm just finishing my cream of bunnet sauce

:lol:

What are you going to eat if they get to the last 16?

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

What are you going to eat if they get to the last 16?

I've learned a valuable lesson about shutting the eff up about eating stuff!

They'll probably take something from Austria, and I could see Portugal dropping points to Hungary if that miserable ba*tard starts annoying his teammates.  

They've a good chance of progressing, "smugness" with a chance of "I told you so" forecast  to come my way. :oops:

He's a narcissistic, preening whank. I like Kari Arnason's comment about him:

The Icelandic players responded with due scorn: “He’s just a sore loser,” the defender Kari Arnason said. “He didn’t want to lose the game. What does he expect – for us to play like Barcelona against him? He fannies about and dives around.” And to add insult to injury, Arnason added: “We didn’t pay any extra attention to him.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/15/cristiano-ronaldo-portugal-iceland-small-mentality

18 minutes ago, neilser said:

He's a narcissistic, preening whank. I like Kari Arnason's comment about him:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/15/cristiano-ronaldo-portugal-iceland-small-mentality

:lol: That's good. Arnason had a great game last night. MOM in my opinion. He has probably just ruined any chance of a transfer to Real Madrid though, with that comment.;)

16 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

:lol: That's good. Arnason had a great game last night. MOM in my opinion. He has probably just ruined any chance of a transfer to Real Madrid though, with that comment.;)

"Once a Don, always a Don"