Congratulations Iceland - Page 2 - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Congratulations Iceland

Toepoke

On 15/06/2016 at 10:52 AM, Orraloon said:

It's a pity that they didn't get drawn against England. Imagine what the commentators would be like if Iceland had dared to take a point off England?:lol:

I don't need to imagine any more. :lol: Ignorant, arrogant, patronising erseholes.

3 hours ago, fringo said:

Hope Ronaldo was watching tonight.

Ronaldo: Iceland have "small mentality" & "are not going to do anything in the competition".

13 days later...

I hope so too! 

Nice slice of humble pie coming right up!!

After the level of arrogance displayed by some of the shire, I'm glad they got beat and knocked out.

Before, during and afterwards, the lack of respect to another nation who has earned the right to compete in the Euros is disgusting. 

Well done Iceland :ok: 

33 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

The SFA should move heaven and earth to get Lagerback now.

Many of us said at the time, when Lagerback wanted the job, that he should be been offered it along with a hefty salary, the post of First Minister and his choice of the squad's wives.

Im not so sure he'd be interested now.

He is 67. Doesn't need the money. Why would he be interested in anything to do with Scotland?

If anything the SFA should be looking to try to get hold of some of the younger guys who have set up and worked with the Iceland youth system over the past 20 years. If we want to try to do something like Iceland has done, it's a 20 year project . Lagerback isn't going to want to spend the last 20 years of his life arguing with our football authorities about how to develop young players in our country. Lagerback didn't produce these fine bunch of Icelandic players. The were already there when he started. What he has done, and done it very well, is help to nurture those promising teenagers into the fine team that they are now proving to be. The raw material just isn't here for him to be able to do that. I can't see him being interested.

3 minutes ago, thistle do nicely said:

They're organised, good at set pieces and Evra's a liability, I reckon France have plenty to worry about...

Aye, France haven't really impressed me and I don't think they have done much to earn their "favorites" tag that the pundits have given them. I'm double glad that Iceland knocked England out because I think England would have given France a very good game. I think it will go to penalties.

Could never meet a bunch of nicer fans. The guys sitting behind us during the game were incredibly knowledgeable about Scottish football (even down to the pies at fir park and pitodrie). Also don't think I've ever met a support that travels as much in families- meet some folk with their seven and five year old daughters in the stadium, and others with grandma and grandpa there.

Great night.

On 28/06/2016 at 10:45 AM, Orraloon said:

He is 67. Doesn't need the money. Why would he be interested in anything to do with Scotland?

If anything the SFA should be looking to try to get hold of some of the younger guys who have set up and worked with the Iceland youth system over the past 20 years. If we want to try to do something like Iceland has done, it's a 20 year project . Lagerback isn't going to want to spend the last 20 years of his life arguing with our football authorities about how to develop young players in our country. Lagerback didn't produce these fine bunch of Icelandic players. The were already there when he started. What he has done, and done it very well, is help to nurture those promising teenagers into the fine team that they are now proving to be. The raw material just isn't here for him to be able to do that. I can't see him being interested.

Spot on analysis