Opening Day Fixtures announced - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Opening Day Fixtures announced

Anyone know when the championship fixtures are released?

Opening fixtures:

13 August:

Arsenal v Liverpool

Bournemouth v Manchester United

Burnley v Swansea City

Chelsea v West Ham United

Crystal Palace v West Bromwich Albion

Everton v Tottenham Hotspur

Hull City v Leicester City

Manchester City v Sunderland

Middlesbrough v Stoke City

Southampton v Watford

Final games:

21 May:

Arsenal v Everton

Burnley v West Ham United

Chelsea v Sunderland

Hull City v Tottenham Hotspur

Leicester City v Bournemouth

Liverpool v Middlesbrough

Manchester United v Crystal Palace

Southampton v Stoke City

Swansea City v West Bromwich Albion

Watford v Manchester City

21 minutes ago, Geed said:

I do cause I go down to Leeds game's

Is it not the 22nd before they are released? sure AFC Wimbledon tweeted that as I am waiting to see when they will have games in the north of England next season.

Was listening to them get all excited about next seasons EPL fixtures on Talksport this morning.

Was almost like they had just realised that Man Utd would play Liverpool and Tottenham would play Arsenal at some point next season.

9 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Be a while before Leeds are in the EPL.

Never thought of watching Scottish football? 

Went to every Motherwell home and away game for about 15 years, packed it in only go to Scotland games home and away games now and do odd game down south, like visiting new grounds and new places.  Scottish fitba grew stale for me, same old every year!!

5 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Is it not the 22nd before they are released? sure AFC Wimbledon tweeted that as I am waiting to see when they will have games in the north of England next season.

Cheers mate, be a few new grounds for you to visit next season

6 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Was listening to them get all excited about next seasons EPL fixtures on Talksport this morning.

Was almost like they had just realised that Man Utd would play Liverpool and Tottenham would play Arsenal at some point next season.

I pity the idiots who get sucked in by the hype

1 minute ago, Geed said:

Cheers mate, be a few new grounds for you to visit next season

The most northern game in League 1 is Fleetwood, which I did in the confrence play off's a number of years ago.

Bolton away is really the only one I can see myself doing next season, but got all my fingers and toes crossed that Bradford away falls in November during the weekend of the Bradford Ukraine Clubs beer festival :beer2:

39 minutes ago, wanderer said:

The most northern game in League 1 is Fleetwood, which I did in the confrence play off's a number of years ago.

Bolton away is really the only one I can see myself doing next season, but got all my fingers and toes crossed that Bradford away falls in November during the weekend of the Bradford Ukraine Clubs beer festival :beer2:

Done Carlisle, Doncaster & Morecombe with Motherwell games mate, all nice grounds, always fancied going to Fleetwood too.

46 minutes ago, Geed said:

Went to every Motherwell home and away game for about 15 years, packed it in only go to Scotland games home and away games now and do odd game down south, like visiting new grounds and new places.  Scottish fitba grew stale for me, same old every year!!

Yeah that's how it'll get better by folk turning their back on it and going to watch football in other countries.

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Yeah that's how it'll get better by folk turning their back on it and going to watch football in other countries.

Each to their own, my choice, I like to see new grounds as I said and its a couple days away break.  Maybe if folk did turn there back on it maybe the SFA and SPL would listen to why fans are sick of playing each other 4 times a season in the league, no summer fitba, prices too high, bending over backwards for old firm etc.  Could go on an on.  Again each to there own if you still enjoy watching it then fair doo's.

50 minutes ago, Geed said:

Each to their own, my choice, I like to see new grounds as I said and its a couple days away break.  Maybe if folk did turn there back on it maybe the SFA and SPL would listen to why fans are sick of playing each other 4 times a season in the league, no summer fitba, prices too high, bending over backwards for old firm etc.  Could go on an on.  Again each to there own if you still enjoy watching it then fair doo's.

I must have missed the cheap prices in England (Elland Road is a rip off) and the summer football. 

Supporting a team is more than just enjoying the football, ti's about actually supporting the team. No doubt you'll be all over it next time Motherwell are at Hampden.

1 hour ago, Geed said:

you should support Utd this year. they will provide you with some variety.

English football is just as dull as any other league. just cos sky tell you its not doesn't mean its not. proven by the world wide shock of leicester winning it.

10 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

English football is just as dull as any other league. just cos sky tell you its not doesn't mean its not. proven by the world wide shock of leicester winning it.

If you do, make sure you get the new kit:

Ck7nweKWYAA34-B.jpg

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I must have missed the cheap prices in England (Elland Road is a rip off) and the summer football. 

Supporting a team is more than just enjoying the football, ti's about actually supporting the team. No doubt you'll be all over it next time Motherwell are at Hampden.

Its a one off when I go and like I said its more a weekend away, like getting away odd weekend.

And no wont be at hampden if we get there again, been at hampden in last 5 year and I wasn't there, got other thing's I do now on a Saturday, dosent revolve around going to see same team every weekend.

1 hour ago, ShedTA said:

Packed in my Sky in January, if I want to watch a particular game now watch it online or go to pub.  Not a huge fan of premiership, super sunday games in particular are usually dull.