France v Albania - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

France v Albania

Rossy

2 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Decent game this one. 0-0 so far, Albania just hit the post.

Oor Wullie hasnae managed to feck the whole thing up so far, but there's still time... :lol:

All French people were convinced it would be at least 3-0.

Funny to see Giroud calling collum a dickhead. He figured that out quick enough.

1 minute ago, wheres the pies said:

are Albania not the lowest ranked team in the tournament ?

Not sure, but they've been pretty impressive in both games so far.

I do fear they'll lose this though and end up going out as the unluckiest team in the tournament.

4 minutes ago, Rossy said:

My TV picture suddenly got super sharp.

A lot of the HD stuff....especially on STV....has been very poor quality.

Yeah, mine too. Was like putting my specs on :lol:

I have noticed that stv's pictures have been pretty poor. I had to check I was actually watching the HD channel

Gutted for Albania. Although the first goal had been coming for about 15 minutes, Belisha hadn't had a save to make until then.

They gave them a much better game than we ever threatened to. Well organized and confident in possession even although they lacked a real out ball up top.

Giroud is woefull at times. He must hsve missed about 6 sitters between the first two games. Screaming out for Benzema up front. Payet could end up top scorer if he keeps going this way

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

From what I seen France were battering them constantly without any luck then late on they got the goal. Was it as one sided as that early on?

No, not until about the 75th minute. Although France had the bulk of the pressure, the Albanians could conceivably have scored three themselves if luck had turned up for them. Once they got pinned back, they were running on empty though, and France were playing the clock more than anything else.