Labour MP shot and stabbed - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Labour MP shot and stabbed

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

A woman? She is an MP and a prominent Remain campaigner who is stabbed and shot to death by a man allegedly shouting "Britain First" days before the EU referendum a massively important decision and you bedwetting moral indignant twitchers think I give a feck? Stick it up your arse. :)  Let's see how it gets milked or otherwise in the coming days. Sorry to interrupt your grief fest. Gorge on...

She was a a human being doing her job. Two kids and a husband have lost their mother/wife. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, thplinth said:

A woman? She is an MP and a prominent Remain campaigner who is stabbed and shot to death by a man allegedly shouting "Britain First" days before the EU referendum a massively important decision and you bedwetting moral indignant twitchers think I give a feck? Stick it up your arse. :)  Let's see how it gets milked or otherwise in the coming days. Sorry to interrupt your grief fest. Gorge on...

If that is honestly your outlook on human life then I think you should seek help but that's entirely up to you.

That happens to people we don't know every minute of every day. You dont give a feck about them Barney. The only reason this is news to you is because she is an MP, because she is Remain, because he shouted Britain First. And then in the face of those reasons you are on here saying "Noooo it is because she is a human being doing her job" i am so upset. 

Why are you producing crocodile tears and faking grief here? 

Edited by thplinth

35 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Why?

Remain and Leave have managed to show great decorum by immediately halting their campaigns.

its nothing to do with being respectful or not ,  if someone has been murdered and It is in some crazy way linked to the fact the lady was a supporter of 'remain' then it is human nature to retaliate against the crime in some way . In this instance many people will vote to remain as a statement.  Whether or not that is right, or that it is even connected to the referendum,  is another discussion. 

4 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

its nothing to do with being respectful or not ,  if someone has been murdered and It is in some crazy way linked to the fact the lady was a supporter of 'remain' then it is human nature to retaliate against the crime in some way . In this instance many people will vote to remain as a statement.  Whether or not that is right, or that it is even connected to the referendum,  is another discussion. 

Agreed

However, it was another poster who introduced politics as a potential factor/benefactor of this incident.

I have to admit sadly that once i began wondering why she was murdered one of my first thoughts was establishment engineered 

Edited by Ally Bongo

It seems he shouted "Put Britain First" rather than "Britain First" and there might be no connection to the actual Britain First racists

Notwithstanding that he reportedly subscribed to a far right magazine of sorts

3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

It seems he shouted "Put Britain First" rather than "Britain First" and there might be no connection to the actual Britain First racists

Notwithstanding that he reportedly subscribed to a far right magazine of sorts

Was Jo Cox the target of the attack or was she in the wrong place at the wrong time?

17 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Hic

Agreed

However, it was another poster who introduced politics as a potential factor/benefactor of this incident.

It was. And some will be unhappy that it was brought into the discussion. However if you are going to have a thread about an MP being murdered, and quite possibly connected to the referendum , then i dont really think it is too surprising that someone highlights that there may be some potential political benefit from this atrocious incident. 

It is right that people show their respect by posting comments of shock and sadness , this was a despicable act, but the thread  risks becoming  a Princess Dianaesque love in if that is all it produces.  

Whilst it will not bring the lady back nor make the murder any more palatable , i hope there is another reason for it as the thought of this bloody merry go round leading to this is truly frightening. 

21 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Was Jo Cox the target of the attack or was she in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Its only my opinion but i would be surprised if it was the latter as she was holding an MP surgery

At a stretch maybe there were other remain figures there or there was some connected remain event and she was the unlucky one but that seems unlikely 

Edited by Ally Bongo

4 minutes ago, Armitage Shanks said:

Seriously have a word with yourselfs. A woman was killed for no reason and her two kids now have lost their mum. If that was Nicola Sturgeon the eulogies would be 30 pages long by now.

But folk would still want to discuss the reasons and possible consequences of such a tragic event. 

10 minutes ago, Armitage Shanks said:

Seriously have a word with yourselfs. A woman was killed for no reason and her two kids now have lost their mum. If that was Nicola Sturgeon the eulogies would be 30 pages long by now.

Wind yer neck in - many people have expressed their disgust and sadness

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

But folk would still want to discuss the reasons and possible consequences of such a tragic event. 

Yes

Especially when the MSM are insinuating that it is referendum related

The headlines tomorrow are that "she would have wanted us to unite against the hatred that killed her"

It seems that the MSM dont believe that there was "no reason"

Edited by Ally Bongo

Certainly dreadful news. I thought Kezia wrote very well on her twitter . Thoughtful words indeed.

Had not heard of this MP until today but she well clearly wellthought of and a beautiful lively person. Horrible for her husband and two young children and the rest of their families. 

41 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Agree with that balanced analysis, although I struggle to find the Dianaesque love in on this thread??

I was just meaning that until thplinth interjected with his comment people were just all saying the same thing but using different words , ie it is sad and shocking. Which it is. Theplinth just brought another dimension when it could have continued with more of the same.

Dianesque admittedly is a bit of an exaggeration right enough !  I just use  that comparison as it is my first memory of the general public commenting on something they found sad , nothing more. 

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

That happens to people we don't know every minute of every day. You dont give a feck about them Barney. The only reason this is news to you is because she is an MP, because she is Remain, because he shouted Britain First. And then in the face of those reasons you are on here saying "Noooo it is because she is a human being doing her job" i am so upset. 

Why are you producing crocodile tears and faking grief here? 

No worries, it's clearer now.

Thanks for taking the time to explain!!

27 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

Those were her husbands words.

Yes - still suggesting that there was a clear motive for the attack

Should never of happened to anyone. Various media outlets saying he shouted "Britain first" others reporting "Put Britain first" and an eye witness saying he never heard the gunman shout anything. All very conflicting

Many reporting that the gunman was mentally unstable.

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

I have to admit sadly that once i began wondering why she was murdered one of my first thoughts was establishment engineered 

It's understandable (and I realize you're not saying you subscribe to it). One problem with it is that the Establishment had a recent opportunity to engineer a poorly performing referendum campaign and plumped for Gordon Brown's vow. Many were waiting for a Yes-related outrage, it was predicted by some on here. This one looks like a lone cvnt. It will make voting Leave all the harder however.

Anyone who thinks it is insensitive to link this to politics is taking an utterly bizarre position unless it turns out this was a random attack and nothing to do with Jo's job or politics. In fact if you read Jo's husbands response I think it is quite clear that that politics is crucial to tackling the reason she died. If what is being reported is correct it is the failing politcs that led to this tragic incident. 

11 hours ago, girvanTA said:

Should never of happened to anyone. Various media outlets saying he shouted "Britain first" others reporting "Put Britain first" and an eye witness saying he never heard the gunman shout anything. All very conflicting

Many reporting that the gunman was mentally unstable.

Lots of stuff coming out about extreme right wing connections that the guy had. 

Funnily enough it seems to be the Sun, Mail and the Times promoting the "loner with mental health issues, nothing to see here" line.  Funny that.