Labour MP shot and stabbed - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Labour MP shot and stabbed

There are fine margins sometimes in life. I met Jo Cox a couple of times & attended a fundraiser for her just before the election with Neil & Glenys Kinnock who she was close friends with. Two of my football drinking mates, one of whom is a family member, work for her & had been with her earlier that day but had booked the afternoon off to watch the England match.

There's little doubt that she would have become a senior & significant Labour politician over time.

One thing I'd say from what I know is that, as you often discover when you find yourself closer to a media story than you'd wish, they talk crap & make up what they can't find out.

I also find myself wondering why counter-terrorism aren't involved. I'm assuming if he's shouted some pro-ISIS statement rather than a pro-British statement they would have been. I'm really struggling to see what's different beyond the obvious.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, aaid said:

Lots of stuff coming out about extreme right wing connections that the guy had. 

Funnily enough it seems to be the Sun, Mail and the Times promoting the "loner with mental health issues, nothing to see here" line.  Funny that.

Also the Daily Record and the i reporting he was a loner who loved gardening. 

The only affiliation that has been reported by msm about his connection to extreme right wing organisations is infact in south africa, maybe if they dig more on this guy they will find more but there has been a few witnesses that have retracted their statement on the "Britain first" comment

Strange but true

11 minutes ago, girvanTA said:

Also the Daily Record and the i reporting he was a loner who loved gardening. 

The only affiliation that has been reported by msm about his connection to extreme right wing organisations is infact in south africa, maybe if they dig more on this guy they will find more but there has been a few witnesses that have retracted their statement on the "Britain first" comment

Strange but true

There's also some stuff about a subscription to a right wing US publication.  I'd be amazed if more doesn't come out in the forthcoming days.

8 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

There are fine margins sometimes in life. I met Jo Cox a couple of times & attended a fundraiser for her just before the election with Neil & Glenys Kinnock who she was close friends with. Two of my football drinking mates, one of whom is a family member, work for her & had been with her earlier that day but had booked the afternoon off to watch the England match.

There's little doubt that she would have become a senior & significant Labour politician over time.

One thing I'd say from what I know is that, as you often discover when you find yourself closer to a media story than you'd wish, they talk crap & make up what they can't find out.

I also find myself wondering why counter-terrorism aren't involved. I'm assuming if he's shouted some pro-ISIS statement rather than a pro-British statement they would have been. I'm really struggling to see what's different beyond the obvious.

:ok:

1 hour ago, Mindimoo said:

The accused had just been in court and given his name as 'Death to traitors, freedom for Britain'.

He seems to have a history of mental health issues, although it is apparently very rare for people suffering mental health problems to be violent. 

1 hour ago, Regenmann said:

He seems to have a history of mental health issues, although it is apparently very rare for people suffering mental health problems to be violent. 

Apart from psychopaths. 

There are of course various different forms of mental illnesses which manifest themselves in different ways.

21 minutes ago, aaid said:

Apart from psychopaths. 

There are of course various different forms of mental illnesses which manifest themselves in different ways.

Not forgetting it is easier to indoctrinate someone who already has a mental deficiency than someone who hasnt

20 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Not forgetting it is easier to indoctrinate someone who already has a mental deficiency than someone who hasnt

check suicide bombers,their handlers often use people with conditions or the easily led.

4 hours ago, Mindimoo said:

The accused had just been in court and given his name as 'Death to traitors, freedom for Britain'.

Vote Leave will be hoping he submitted his postal vote before he murdered Jo Cox. Scum!

Guest flumax
On 18/06/2016 at 3:14 PM, sjd1972 said:

Vote Leave will be hoping he submitted his postal vote before he murdered Jo Cox. Scum!

As he's not been convicted, will be not still be able to vote?