Croatia - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Croatia

Toepoke

Predictions on UEFA punishment? 

Same as Russia -suspended disqualification OR actual disqualification ??

Given their previous record (extensive)  and given they caused play to be stopped for quite a while and particularly given they aimed at and hit a steward who was picking up the first volley of flares I think UEFA  may well throw them out on Monday.  Not sure how that will affect comparing all the third placed teams but doubtless they'll come up with something.

Met a load of local lads in the Movie Bar last time in Zagreb and they were very friendly and hospitable.

Glad we were introduced as friends as every one of them looked like they could and would skin Rambo if they had to :yikes3: 

Love the country and the people were superb. 

My opinion, just saying.

Severe punishment heading their way for this tournaments problems. 

2 hours ago, buckielugger said:

given they aimed at and hit a steward who was picking up the first volley of flares

I thought it looked like the one he was picking up went bang as he approached it rather than it be a "fresh" one. Not that that would excuse them!

10 minutes ago, ibelieve!!! said:

I thought it looked like the one he was picking up went bang as he approached it rather than it be a "fresh" one. Not that that would excuse them!

That's what I thought. Not nice fans IMO.

Was some game to be at though. Fair few Scots there as well.

Thought the crowd was handled badly in general though behind the goals..there was a line of people standing by the barrier in the front row which led to people in row A standing on their seats which just went all the way back. That and the stairs were just full of people standing. 

I was there last Friday and it was obvious the police knew it was going to happen. There were 200-300 armed riot police who appeared in a line behind the goal 5 minutes before it happened.

They were all very friendly in the fanpark before the game.

I did get shown a yellow card by a steward for vaping inside the ground though, the same steward wasn't brave enough to give the 6 foot 5 Russian in front of me one for doing the same.