US open golf - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

US open golf

gusmac

Got garcia at 40-1 & furyk at 80-1 pre tournament. Both at -1 currently. £2 each way on both........last of the big spenders. Day and mcilroy may struggle to make the cut......but still early days

4 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

Speith was brilliant when winning at Colonial three weeks ago so I placed a bet based on that, now think Dustin Johnson could break his major's duck.

I don't think even Dustin thinks that. Bigger bottler than Westwood. 

Just now, Orraloon said:

I don't think even Dustin thinks that. Bigger bottler than Westwood. 

Well a watch him Thursday and yesterday when he had a couple of bad shots and bad luck that I've seen his definitely stop trying after in the past but he stuck in this time, whether he keeps it up or not could be questioned but there is evidence that he does have more focus.

Westwood 80/1 £2.5 ew

Lowry top 5 finish 20/1 £5

Haf Day for 1st round leader and Cabrera-Bello,obviously both dead in the water. 

Stuck £19 last night on Westwood 2nd round leader 7/1, so here's hoping. 

9 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I take back my earlier statement. Westwood is a bigger bottler than Dustin.

Garcia still has a chance to reclaim that title .....

13 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I take back my earlier statement. Westwood is a bigger bottler than Dustin.

I was on the phone to a mate and said Westwood could go either way. And he did - big time.

DJ has bottled it lots of times but held it together brilliantly until the ball moved a few holes back.

They've left him hanging unfairly waiting for a ruling and it's started to affect his game a little.

My best bet placed was on Lowry to win @ 125/1 at the start but I actually feel sorry for DJ now.

Edited by fringo

7 minutes ago, fringo said:

DJ has bottled it lots of times but held it together brilliantly until the ball moved a few holes back.

They've left him hanging unfairly waiting for a ruling and it's started to affect his game a little.

Haven't seen the incident. He is a professional golfer so he should know the rules. If he needs to wait for a referee to make the decision for him, then it's his own fault. Did he get penalised? That rule is pretty straightforward since it was updated in 2012. If he caused the ball to move then it is a penalty. If something else (i.e. wind) caused it to move then - no penalty. 

No penalty but he may get one once they watch the tapes. They could have watched tapes several holes ago and not gone through this waiting game. Everyone agrees it's a fiasco, including top players on twitter (shown on SS coverage) such as Spieth, Rory and Fowler.

Watch it and you'll probably change your opinion. Total shambles.

Edited by fringo

1 minute ago, fringo said:

No penalty but he may get one once they watch the tapes. They could have watched tapes several holes ago and not gone through this waiting game. Everyone agrees it's a fiasco, including top players on twitter (shoen on SS) such as Spieth, Rory and Fowler.

Watch it and you'll probably change your opinion. Total shambles.

Not able to watch it just now but can't understand why it's complicated. The player himself is in the best position to know whether he caused the ball to move or not. He must know within himself whether he moved it or not. 

I think the fact that he said  "I don't believe I caused the ball to move.". suggests he could well be penalised. He needs to "know or be virtually certain" that something else (wind or whatever) caused the ball to move. That statement sounds, to me anyway, that he isn't "virtually certain". He might even be penalised 2 shot as he should have replaced the ball before hitting his next putt. Then again they might just take pity on him because he is due a win.