Summer Tests - Japan v Scotland - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Summer Tests - Japan v Scotland

thewolf_1980

Bright start then we concede a try out of nothing after a daft penalty concession on half-way then we kick the resultant kick off straight out. We've been here before...

7-6 Japan currently.

I'll keep talking to myself here. ;)

Really scruffy last 20 mins from us after dominating for an hour. Should have won by more but no doubt rustiness played a part. Impressed by Matt Scott and Ryan Wilson.

Full-time 26-13 to us. That'll do fine.

6 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

I'll keep talking to myself here. ;)

Really scruffy last 20 mins from us after dominating for an hour. Should have won by more but no doubt rustiness played a part. Impressed by Matt Scott and Ryan Wilson.

Full-time 26-13 to us. That'll do fine.

Happens to me a lot. :(

A win away to the side one below us in the rankings.  Decent result considering a lot of the guys haven't played for nearly six weeks.  Hopefully a more complete performance next week.  These games are important for ranking purposes if we want to be a second seed in the next RWC. 

Squeezed through. Scotland now up to eighth in the rankings - just ahead of Argentina, marginally behind France with Ireland and Wales not far above us. Seedings for the 2019 World Cup are likely to be decided after next year's six nations. So we have home games against Australia, Argentina, Georgia, Ireland, Wales and Italy before then as well as what might be our best chance at winning in Paris for many years given the shambles that is the French national team. Hopefully we can hold on to the top eight spot and get a second seeding in that campaign.