Hungary - Iceland - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hungary - Iceland

Toepoke

4 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Hungary playing all the fitba, they've some decent players. Iceland are unbelievably organised though. They could be the Greece of this tournament...

Amazing to see how far they have come.

We have a 100% win record against them - even under George Burley!  If we draw them any time in the near future I don't expect that record will last very long though.

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

Have to feel for Iceland there, hang on for five minutes and they have qualified for the next round, terrible for them.

Aye, it's a sair one.

Advantage Hungary now.

Just now, Cove_Sheep said:

Was the penalty definitely given against the goalkeeper and not the next challenge which no replay was shown of?

The second challenge certainly looked like a penalty, IMO.

3 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Was the penalty definitely given against the goalkeeper and not the next challenge which no replay was shown of?

I thought it was the defenders challenge.

1 minute ago, braveheart_lynch said:

I'm probably in the minority but I've found Iceland torture to watch. Hungary deserved their equaliser.

Nope - me also

And not just because i had Hungary in a line

If that was a second half performance from Scotland we would all be embarrassed

Hungary deserved something from that game. Don't think either side did enough to win, and Hungary dominated all the stats. Icelandic penalty seems one of those decisions that on another day and a different ref it would've been given.

Did Iceland have a shot on target?

Well in Hungary though. Unfancied and were written off before the group. Loving the players jumping in to the stands too. Hope they cause some more upsets in the last 16.

2 minutes ago, braveheart_lynch said:

It was the defenders challenge I was referring to. Player felt minimal contact and took a tumble.

I'm probably in the minority but I've found Iceland torture to watch. Hungary deserved their equaliser.

Totally agree with you,compliments to their fighting spirit but that style would drive me away from the game,and yes i know we arent any better.

1 hour ago, Regenmann said:

I didn't have Hungarian fans in the bampot category - I was obviously wrong!

They certainly have a mental element. The worst trouble I've experienced at a game was at a Euro 2004 qualifier in Budapest between Hungary and Sweden, when Hungarian fans of different clubs started fighting with each other in the stand around us...

On 6/18/2016 at 6:16 PM, wheres the pies said:

think the Hungarian fans have been copying the ta when it comes to a march through a city massive one in Marseille the day just seen the photos on the bbc news website anyway back to the fitba never a penalty 

I was there and the march through Marseilles was outstanding. The who day in Marseilles was great. from the fans down in the marina area with the pyro and constant chanting for us, to them taking the piss out of the Polis' threat to water cannon them, to the march to the ground - fantastic. 

Must've been close to 20,000 marching through Marseilles, non stop chanting, pyro everywhere and no trouble to be witnessed (although i know there was some in the ground later). 

Made me root for Hungary. Would love them to keep going in the competition. 

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I was there and the march through Marseilles was outstanding. The who day in Marseilles was great. from the fans down in the marina area with the pyro and constant chanting for us, to them taking the piss out of the Polis' threat to water cannon them, to the march to the ground - fantastic. 

Must've been close to 20,000 marching through Marseilles, non stop chanting, pyro everywhere and no trouble to be witnessed (although i know there was some in the ground later). 

Sounds good! I'm in Marseille the morn for the Poland game with my son. We'll head down to the port before the game for the atmosphere. Did you go to the fan-zone and if so is it any good? Wee man is wanting his face painted before the game ??

6 minutes ago, Parklife said:

yeah I was there as well and really enjoyed it, was in the Hungarian end and when they scored the place went mental.

missed out on the march as we headed to the ground early, that would have been good.

21 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Sounds good! I'm in Marseille the morn for the Poland game with my son. We'll head down to the port before the game for the atmosphere. Did you go to the fan-zone and if so is it any good? Wee man is wanting his face painted before the game ??

We didn't go to the fanzone in Marseilles, so i don't know what is there. Apologies. We did go to the one in Lyon though, there's a few things that'll appeal to the kids in the fanzone (human table football looked a laugh). I can't recall seeing facepainting but i wasn't looking for much other than the bar and the view of the big screen. 

21 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

yeah I was there as well and really enjoyed it, was in the Hungarian end and when they scored the place went mental.

missed out on the march as we headed to the ground early, that would have been good.

Nah, the march started at about 2pm French time for the 6pm kick off. We joined at the start and walked about 2/3rds of the way before stopping and finding somewhere to watch the Belgium game.