Group B finale

Rossy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, jock strap said:

Bale looking either lethargic or bloody lazy tonight.

:blink: He's been running the Russians ragged!

Wales 100% at getting out of their groups at tournaments, putting us to shame...

Edited by Toepoke

4 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Just waiting for England to put this game to bed by scoring, and then I can go and iron some shirts.

Or waiting for a slovakia goal and giving england a nice wee game against spain.

seriously so impressed with wales. totally loathed them in a bitter football fan type of way after them beating us home and away in the last qualifying and was desparate for them to get beaten soundly, but fair play, they have been excellent in the first and this game, England had too much for them in the middle one.

what a job by chris coleman, taking over in tragic circumstance with the death of gary speed, and even with those 2 victories over us in the WC qualifying, we still finished above them (they shipped 6 away to Serbia, who finished 4th or 5th this euro qualifying). so he has had his work cut out.

and fair play to bale, often when superstars are from smaller, crappier teams they don't really seem up for it (i.e. gigs, c Ronaldo) but he dragged them through qualifying and is currently top scorer in the tournament (could have had several more tonight).

I think any fair minded fan can't help but be impressed by everyone involved.

1 minute ago, Boynze said:

what a job by chris coleman, taking over in tragic circumstance with the death of gary speed, and even with those 2 victories over us in the WC qualifying, we still finished above them (they shipped 6 away to Serbia, who finished 4th or 5th this euro qualifying). so he has had his work cut out

That's what can happen if you give a manger time.

3 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

:blink: He's been running the Russians ragged!

Wales 100% at getting out of their groups at tournaments, putting us to shame...

interesting point, but you have to look also at what stage each tournament was at, getting out of the group stages here only gets you to the last 16, i.e. group stages in other tournaments. when we qualified for euro 92 there was only 8 teams, so effectively a quarter final. world cups of 74 and 78 were 16 team each.

12 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Nice timing :lol:

:lol: I said to my son he'll score now anaw ! 

My mate will be quids in, sure he put a ten spot on Bale to score in all 3 games, canna remember the odds but imagine it will be quite big. :yikes3: 

3 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Can't see that somehow.  England have been completely dominant.

Would be completely unfair given the scotland like peeformance of slovakia. But they can still do an ireland and nick it at the end.

Just now, thewelk said:

Would be completely unfair given the scotland like peeformance of slovakia. But they can still do an ireland and nick it at the end.

That's a bit harsh (on Slovakia).

10 minutes ago, thewelk said:

Not if they get booted out first

Slight tangent for the thread, but why haven't Croatia been put on a warning about being kicked out of the tournament?

Is it because they know fine well there will be something happening at their final group game and don't want to actually have to kick them out?

1 minute ago, ibelieve!!! said:

Slight tangent for the thread, but why haven't Croatia been put on a warning about being kicked out of the tournament?

Is it because they know fine well there will be something happening at their final group game and don't want to actually have to kick them out?

I think their hearing was only today so they'll get their public knuckle rapping tomorrow (I suppose, I dont actually know...)

4 minutes ago, ibelieve!!! said:

Just looked it up, 100k€ fine...