The SFA - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The SFA

glasgow jock

They are not interested, they are non accountable, they have no answers as to why we are so bad, we've had Ernies "think tank", Henry McLeish, Mark Wotte, Gordon Smith, etc etc,

We haven't qualified for a tournament now for 18 years (18 fckn years) !! & watching all the other home countries play at the Euro's really rubs it in, yet we hear  absolutely nothing from our governing body.

Fckn disgrace - thats all :mad:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Until the fans show there disgust they won't do anything

I have always disagreed with this  point vanderark, but no more, we are being taken for granted (& have been for a very long time), me, my family & thousands of others have been too loyal, for too long !!

34 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

I have always disagreed with this  point vanderark, but no more, we are being taken for granted (& have been for a very long time), me, my family & thousands of others have been too loyal, for too long !!

the blind loyalty shown by the fans has become part of the problem IMO. 

Hopefully the lack of renewals or new memberships shows there is no longer the same blind loyalty

Also -  we don't have a divine right to qualify for tournaments but when you fail to do so 9 times in a row, including when they've opened it up to let practically everyone in, that is shite.

We sandwich Denmark, Slovakia, Ireland, Croatia etc in a list of European populations, there is absolutely no reason to excuse ourselves for doing f**k all in 20 years.

I had enough and never renewed my SSC this time. Until the crowds plummet at Hampden (which I suspect they will this set of qualifiers) the SFA will do nothing but count the pennies coming in. 

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

the blind loyalty shown by the fans has become part of the problem IMO. 

Correct. The number of people who were tripping over themselves to applaud at full time at the last two friendlies was baffling. Not a shot on goal yet you'd think we'd have won

They should have been hounded

6 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Until the fans show there disgust they won't do anything

Surely 12K not renewing their memberships (which works out at near enough 1 in 3 people) would be the eye opener they needed.... but it doesnt appear so.

Another campaign of mediocrity ahead. 

I agree with much of what's been said but I still feel there will be a surge of memberships at some point because, well, England are in the group.

I renewed kind-of on autopilot but I really have lost a lot of enthusiasm for the team - Strachan's odd selections, our rubbishness, the SFA's complete disregard for the support and mismanagement of the game etc etc etc.

All the blazers should be in Iceland (or Wales or Croatia) trying to copy whatever it is they've done.

3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Correct. The number of people who were tripping over themselves to applaud at full time at the last two friendlies was baffling. Not a shot on goal yet you'd think we'd have won

They should have been hounded

I left before the end in Metz. It was truly awful. First time I've left a game early.

3 hours ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

I agree with much of what's been said but I still feel there will be a surge of memberships at some point because, well, England are in the group.

I renewed kind-of on autopilot but I really have lost a lot of enthusiasm for the team - Strachan's odd selections, our rubbishness, the SFA's complete disregard for the support and mismanagement of the game etc etc etc.

All the blazers should be in Iceland (or Wales or Croatia) trying to copy whatever it is they've done.

The thing is bud why send the Blazers on another fan paid jolly?

its technical coaching people who we need to get to go and find out what these countries are going right and what we are doing wrongly!

its so frustrating to not have made a major tournament since 1998.

enthusiasm is waning for the national team, which always regularly got the largest support even for midweek friendlies,  but with the poor quality on display, our lack of success and this ill conceived UEFA week of football initiative in qualifiers (eg Monday nights) it's high time things changed and they have to quickly and surely the SFA can see this??

Just my guess but it is my bet that all the senior SFA folk are at the Euros having a brilliant time in the best of hotels getting invited to plenty of good feasts and their choice of tickets.

It makes very little difference if they do well or poorly to these whanks especially with mug Scottish fans who they know are like a kilt wearing ATM machine, or a big dumb ox with money spewing out its arse. Who gives a fukk about its endless mooing for food... the only that will count is when that arse ceases spouting out 20 pound notes like an out of control printing press. 

Edited by thplinth

5 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Just my guess but it is my bet that all the senior SFA folk are at the Euros having a brilliant time in the best of hotels getting invited to plenty of good feasts and their choice of tickets.

It makes very little difference if they do well or poorly to these whanks especially with mug Scottish fans who they know are like a kilt wearing ATM machine, or a big dumb ox with money spewing out its arse. Who gives a fukk about its endless mooing for food... the only that will count is when that arse ceases spouting out 20 pound notes like an out of control printing press. 

Some interesting imagery in the second paragraph there, but yeah, I generally agree with this. Dreadful state of affairs.

I am very pessimistic about the chances of scotland fans ever doing anything to make a change in the SFA. Same routine over and over... Lots of talk about doing something but as the next game nears it will all be 'dont be so negative" "support the team" and Regan and Co will be quietly chortling as you pay whatever price he makes up. Scotland fans are (top 5) the most fanatical in the world. Their loyalty is truly bankable. And so we have an FA who treat us like a wife that they know will take every insult, abuse and humiliation and still cook their tea that night. I cant stand these SFA kents but I am starting to loath the simpering arse fans who serve them more.

if fans groups clubbed together and put up small amount of money each, then we could fund some research into the game, get some publicity, let it be known that we are not happy and start to properly lobby the sfa and the spfl using all platforms then we may have a chance.

we 'just' need some cohesion and leadership across the country.

how many fans of the game do you think there are who are interested enough to contribute? between the international and domestic scene I would say a target should 100,000, if each gave a tenner then that's a million quid 'easily'.

4 minutes ago, Boynze said:

if fans groups clubbed together and put up small amount of money each, then we could fund some research into the game, get some publicity, let it be known that we are not happy and start to properly lobby the sfa and the spfl using all platforms then we may have a chance.

we 'just' need some cohesion and leadership across the country.

how many fans of the game do you think there are who are interested enough to contribute? between the international and domestic scene I would say a target should 100,000, if each gave a tenner then that's a million quid 'easily'.

A complete waste of money

How much more research is required ?

How many more reports, dossiers, think tanks ?

Everyone knows what is wrong with the game in Scotland

Lack of investment

Mismanagement

Self preservation

Too many clubs

Multiple organisations and dozens of committees on the gravy train

Scottish culture

Rewarding failure

Extortionate prices

No foresight

Living in the past

I could go on