france v ireland - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

france v ireland

dan cake

52 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Are we going to have 3 quarter finalists from our group now?

If Strachan didn't bottle it when we're on top in Dublin by taking Maloney/Naismith off to play for the draw then Georgia would have been irrelevant 

edit: somehow managed to put this in the wrong forum. Appologies

Edited by DoonTheSlope

10 minutes ago, scot scotland scottish said:

Different team and manager then. I should have been more specific perhaps..... Can you really imagine the CURRENT team playing like Ireland have.

Man for man I don't think they're any better than us but they have a self belief and confidence that we lack.

I can understand the bitterness after failing to qualify but just to point out few  points:

-you scored us more goals in one game than we lost in whole Euros so far (4 games)

-you were few second from beating Euro2016 quaterfinalist ;)

-you got 4 points out of 6 vs Ireland

-bizzare performance in Tbilisi wa sa turning point- until then you were in competition with us, Germany and Ireland

-not the best Germany form didn`t help you either

-both games vs us i seen your team believieng in success and playing much better and more open football than Ireland for instance, really details decided the whole campaign

Disapointing campaign but not reason to cross out your team. You have foundation to build on.

If I was English then I'd rather have been playing a France or an Italy tomorrow as they wouldn't play with a flat back 14. They remind me of Hibs. Can't break down the defensive teams but when they play a higher standard opposition they take advantage of them opening up