france v ireland - Page 2 - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

france v ireland

dan cake

3 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

If I was English then I'd rather have been playing a France or an Italy tomorrow as they wouldn't play with a flat back 14. They remind me of Hibs. Can't break down the defensive teams but when they play a higher standard opposition they take advantage of them opening up

Makes sense.  England are big, strong, pacey team; opponents who play an expansive game will leave gaps they can exploit.

13 minutes ago, fanatyk said:

I can understand the bitterness after failing to qualify but just to point out few  points:

-you scored us more goals in one game than we lost in whole Euros so far (4 games)

-you were few second from beating Euro2016 quaterfinalist ;)

-you got 4 points out of 6 vs Ireland

-bizzare performance in Tbilisi wa sa turning point- until then you were in competition with us, Germany and Ireland

-not the best Germany form didn`t help you either

-both games vs us i seen your team believieng in success and playing much better and more open football than Ireland for instance, really details decided the whole campaign

Disapointing campaign but not reason to cross out your team. You have foundation to build on.

Certainly hope you're right.

Albeit only friendly matches, the last two games have really knocked the stuffing out of me

23 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

If I was English then I'd rather have been playing a France or an Italy tomorrow as they wouldn't play with a flat back 14. They remind me of Hibs. Can't break down the defensive teams but when they play a higher standard opposition they take advantage of them opening up

Even Levein was never that defensive.

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

Had France -1

Hope they win shit all the useless turds

Aye, they could have scored 9 if they hadn't started getting all French and wanting to score with 30 yard backheels etc.

1 hour ago, Return of Yermaw said:

if the contact was initiated by the striker then it is not a penalty (regardless what brain dead pundits say).  

I don't believe that's true.   @Cove_Sheep could confirm if he's about though. 

2 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

if the contact was initiated by the striker then it is not a penalty (regardless what brain dead pundits say).  

Imo, there was contact in the box from the defender that made it a foul inside the box, and that makes it a penalty.

And for the record, I am not a brain dead pundit :wink2: 

17 minutes ago, jock strap said:

Imo, there was contact in the box from the defender that made it a foul inside the box, and that makes it a penalty.

And for the record, I am not a brain dead pundit :wink2: 

contact in the box from the defender - so you are suggesting the defender initiated contact? bizarre. hey ho.

7 hours ago, Rossy said:

'France go to the quarter-final, probably with England'.

F*ck off you clown.

Less than 5 minutes after Iceland scored their winner against Austria, the Jug Eared Clown had England in the quarter final. And yet they still wonder why folk think they are arrogant. 

17 hours ago, Rossy said:

France will regret this if Ireland get a flukey goal from a free kick or corner.

My my hope you enjoyed looking at your old photographs in Scotland while we were the guts of 2 weeks in France at a football tournament 

despite the cost dodgy weather etc wouldn't of missed it for the world 

21 minutes ago, Newryrep said:

My my hope you enjoyed looking at your old photographs in Scotland while we were the guts of 2 weeks in France at a football tournament 

despite the cost dodgy weather etc wouldn't of missed it for the world 

I'm pleased for you. Glad you enjoyed it.... :ok:

On 26 June 2016 at 8:18 PM, Return of Yermaw said:

contact in the box from the defender - so you are suggesting the defender initiated contact? bizarre. hey ho.

Eh ? 

The defender made contact in the box, deliberate or not, it was a foul, therefore a penalty.

As I stated, this is my opinion.