bus from Bratislava to Vienna airport - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

bus from Bratislava to Vienna airport

clarky1606

we fly back from Vienna the day after the game and our original plan was to get the train to Vienna airport (with possibly a changeover at central?)

I was speaking to someone in either Malta or France (whilst drunk) who said there is a new (ish) road built from Bratislava to Vienna and the busses are now quicker than the trains and go direct to the airport.

Anyone able to shed any light on this? 9 of us (and possibly another 6 dependent on who books up) so a bus which is quicker and direct to Vienna airport sounds ideal 

On 6/24/2016 at 10:52 PM, Willie Miller's tache said:

Bus from Vienna airport to Bratislava takes about an hour and will be quicker than getting train in opposite direction to Vienna (approx 15 mins), waiting for connecting train, then getting train out to Bratislava

cheers! looks like the bus is the better of the 2 options then

do you have a website for the busses? (excuse my laziness but if you have booked something already, albeit in the other direction, then at least I know I will be on the right website)

3 hours ago, clarky1606 said:

cheers! looks like the bus is the better of the 2 options then

do you have a website for the busses? (excuse my laziness but if you have booked something already, albeit in the other direction, then at least I know I will be on the right website)

I wrote a blog post on travel options for Bratislava.