glastonbury - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Where can I see 

27 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Watched James set as they opened the festival this morning.  Tremendous.

Where can I see it online?

seen James open the V festival previously, one of my best festival experiences 

5 hours ago, McExpat said:

Where can I see 

Where can I see it online?

seen James open the V festival previously, one of my best festival experiences 

I watched it on the BBC website. I'd imagine there'll be a playback facility there. Seen James over 40 times, best live band about. 

On 24 June 2016 at 8:16 PM, Marky said:

James are brilliant live. 

I went to see Belke and Sebastian at the Albert Hall last night. They were magic!

I was at both gigs and fully agree with that.  I've seen them live loads of times and Thursday's gig was about the best I've seen them.  Lazy Line Painter Jane was out of this world. 

Did not realise until last night that i really dislike Adele, what an annoying speaking voice she has, she can sing I'll give her that though, but her songs are rubbish. Wonder is she still pays her taxes in the uk?

she was trying rather too hard, and cam across as a bit of an arsehole. 

Guest BlueGaz
21 minutes ago, Boynze said:

Did not realise until last night that i really dislike Adele, what an annoying speaking voice she has, she can sing I'll give her that though, but her songs are rubbish. Wonder is she still pays her taxes in the uk?

she was trying rather too hard, and cam across as a bit of an arsehole. 

She is undoubtedly talented but soooooooo miserable and depressing.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

I was at both gigs and fully agree with that.  I've seen them live loads of times and Thursday's gig was about the best I've seen them.  Lazy Line Painter Jane was out of this world. 

It was indeed. As was The Boy with the Arab Strap. Place was going bonkers. Great fun. 

6 hours ago, aaid said:

I was there on Wednesday and thought it was great. Was Thursday that much better? I do prefer Tigermilk but was gutted when I saw that LLPJ was played!

5 hours ago, Marky said:

It was indeed. As was The Boy with the Arab Strap. Place was going bonkers. Great fun. 

You mean the Horse with the Arab Strap ?  Bonkers is certainly a word to describe it.

4 minutes ago, Albert said:

I was there on Wednesday and thought it was great. Was Thursday that much better? I do prefer Tigermilk but was gutted when I saw that LLPJ was played!

I thought so but it was really down to the material, rather than the performance which was excellent on both nights, so if you preferred the songs from Wednesday, you'd probably have thought that was the better night. 

I prefer Tigermilk too, although I do think If You're Feeling Sinister is great as well so Wednesday was good for that.  The "second" set on Thursday was IMHO much better as I preferred more of the songs.  As said Boy with the Arab Strap was about 100 times madder than Wednesday although I did think it was a nice move getting the two "cover stars" up on stage.  For me though, it was LLPJ that made the difference, still trying to work out who it was that did the female vocals, she sounded a lot like Monica Queen but it clearly wasn't her.  

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

You mean the Horse with the Arab Strap ?  Bonkers is certainly a word to describe it.

Ha ha. Were you in on time to catch the support band The Trembling Bells? I thought they were pretty shite myself but the big mad horse and the guys in the African tribal outfits that came on for BWTAS were from their set. B&S obviously just got them all back on for the party. 

Just now, Marky said:

Ha ha. Were you in on time to catch the support band The Trembling Bells? I thought they were pretty shite myself but the big mad horse and the guys in the African tribal outfits that came on for BWTAS were from their set. B&S obviously just got them all back on for the party. 

That explains it.  I missed the support band. As a result of the rain, it took me about 2 hours to drive up - should've been about an hour. 

8 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Nice touch by Coldplay jamming with Viola Beach on the big screen.

Had a wee cry at that. The boys just looked so young and I thought what their loved ones must have been feeling watching it and seeing what could  have been.