Switzerland v Poland - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Switzerland v Poland

OLAS

I was at the Poland v Ukraine game on Tuesday. After the game heading down to the fan zone me and the wee man were offered tickets for that game. Had to refuse as we were flying home on the wed - if I'd had more time to think about it I probably would've taken them and then worried about getting back over there later. 

Enjoy, hope it's a good game. We'll be in our local watching on the big screen and the laddie will be wearing his Lewandowski top ????

Really enjoyed that. Brilliant support from both sets of fans however the Swiss lobbed 100s of plastic cups at Fabianski after the final penalty. 

Disappointed with St.Etienne as always fancied going after their European antics many years ago. The stadium can generate some atmosphere though. 

Think I seen the goal of the tournament. It has to be such a strike beat Fabianski! 

Poland probably won't go much further due to having no midfield and their attack not really clicking. Counter attacks won't win the Euros. 

But solid defence + counters can, however i have no expectation towards this scenario.

Generaly keeping expectations low makes every win double the fun :)

Our strikers are in poor form so far and despite that we are in quaters. But players like Milik or Lewandowski can turn up any time realy so even that we are not favourites for semis we are surely capable to get there.

Agree with Fanatyk. Poland are solid defensively and when/if Lewandowski and Milik get their shooting boots on they could go further. 

Portugal haven't won in game in 4 yet (not including extra time) so nothing to fear from them. Fingers crossed ????

Don't get me wrong - I want Poland to win it and will be hoping they do...  the €10 each way at 50/1 helps too :lol:

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Poland will beat Portugal and Hungary or Belgium.    

Star man for me was Michał Pazdan.   No prisoners and times his tackles perfectly.   He's the reason Poland have only conceded one goal in the tournament. 

Never seen one bit of trouble in Lyon or St.Etienne, however after the game, one wee Polish fan who couldn't have been much older than 5 years old tried to shake hands with a slightly older Swiss boy.  The Swiss boy looked at him and walked on.   Wee fanny! :P