Jeremy Corbyn - fecked? - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jeremy Corbyn - fecked?

27 minutes ago, aaid said:

To be clear, I wasn't talking about the "Jeremy Corbyn compares Israel to ISIS" story from earlier, which was total bollocks and has been debunked. 

That's why providing a link to what you are talking about would be helpful ;) as the above is what i did find. :P

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Labour press conference to publish report in to anti-Semitism in the Labour Party.

Anti-semitic remarks made towards a Jewish MP who was present.

Corbyn stands by and does nothing.

You couldn't make this sort of stuff up.  If it was an idea pitched for the Thick of It, then it would have been rejected for being too far fetched.

What were the anti-semetic remarks? I've just seen a video of it, and he accuses an MP of working with the Telegraph to oust Corbyn.

So what specifically was the remark?

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Labour press conference to publish report in to anti-Semitism in the Labour Party.

Anti-semitic remarks made towards a Jewish MP who was present.

Corbyn stands by and does nothing.

You couldn't make this sort of stuff up.  If it was an idea pitched for the Thick of It, then it would have been rejected for being too far fetched.

A useful idiot could though.

12 minutes ago, aaid said:

Google Ruth Smeeth anti semitism. 

OK googled it

During a Q&A with Corbyn, one supporter publicly accused the Jewish Labour MP Ruth Smeeth of colluding with the Telegraph. She walked out of the event, and her office confirms to me that she was reduced to tears by the incident.

#nofactchecking.

Edited by phart

The truth behind the Labour coup, when it really began and who manufactured it (EXCLUSIVE)

It is a very coordinated attempt to bring him down using the BRexit vote as an excuse. I think it has a lot to do with Chilcott but also JC's stance on Palestine. I think that is is his real sin.

Amazing that these MP feel they can do this given what 60% of labour members voted for Corbyn. It is them who should be resigning getting sacked. Corbyn should just go for it and then call a leadership vote if things get to an impasse. Fukk them a bigger bunch of whankers you will never meet.

27 minutes ago, phart said:

A useful idiot could though.

OK googled it

During a Q&A with Corbyn, one supporter publicly accused the Jewish Labour MP Ruth Smeeth of colluding with the Telegraph. She walked out of the event, and her office confirms to me that she was reduced to tears by the incident.

#nofactchecking.

One of the report's conclusions is that anti-Semitic tropes should not be used and the momentum activist effectively accused the MP of being part of a media conspiracy, which of course is itself an anti-Semitic trope.

I've no idea if the momentum activist meant it as an anti Semitic remark or whether the MP is showing faux indignation to bring further embarrassment on Corbyn and frankly both are irrelevant.

However, Corbyn should have recognised it and should have called it out at the time.  The fact he didn't reflects badly on his personal leadership qualities.

Furthermore, the fact that this can even be allowed to blow up at an anti-semitism event shows you how much of a joke the Labour Party is at present.

Even if Ruth Smeeth was the devil incarnate, what sort of idiot do you have to be to turn up at an event designed to show that the Labour Party are not anti-Semitic and then start slagging off a Jewish MP? And these people think they can run the country.

1 minute ago, aaid said:

One of the report's conclusions is that anti-Semitic tropes should not be used and the momentum activist effectively accused the MP of being part of a media conspiracy, which of course is itself an anti-Semitic trope.

I've no idea if the momentum activist meant it as an anti Semitic remark or whether the MP is showing faux indignation to bring further embarrassment on Corbyn and frankly both are irrelevant.

However, Corbyn should have recognised it and should have called it out at the time.  The fact he didn't reflects badly on his personal leadership qualities.

Furthermore, the fact that this can even be allowed to blow up at an anti-semitism event shows you how much of a joke the Labour Party is at present.

Even if Ruth Smeeth was the devil incarnate, what sort of idiot do you have to be to turn up at an event designed to show that the Labour Party are not anti-Semitic and then start slagging off a Jewish MP? And these people think they can run the country.

Now you're still repeating the nonsense I just read  in the papers. Do you have any thoughts of your own? Am i speaking to a parrot or a human?

If you read the twitter feed (fact checked) of the journalist you'd see the momentum dude asked the journalist who the MP was, he had no idea then just called her out for collusion with said Journalist.Cause he saw her getting handed a "briefing sheet" He had to ask the journalist what he name was.

Politicians working with media is not a "anti-semetic trope", it's something politicians everywhere do.

No fact checking...

An "idiot" who was unaware of who she was, saw her get handed something by media then opened his mouth.

I was speaking about what anti-semetic remarks. I see you talking about Corbyn and the labour party and other shit. Do we have a quote of the anti-semitic remark you say happened? Does it exist? You reported it " Anti-semitic remarks made towards a Jewish MP who was present. " what were the remarks?

Just now, phart said:

Now you're still repeating the nonsense I just read  in the papers. Do you have any thoughts of your own? Am i speaking to a parrot or a human?

If you read the twitter feed (fact checked) of the journalist you'd see the momentum dude asked the journalist who the MP was, he had no idea then just called her out for collusion with said Journalist.Cause he saw her getting handed a "briefing sheet" He had to ask the journalist what he name was.

Politicians working with media is not a "anti-semetic trope", it's something politicians everywhere do.

No fact checking...

An "idiot" who was unaware of who she was, saw her get handed something by media then opened his mouth.

I was speaking about what anti-semetic remarks. I see you talking about Corbyn and the labour party and other shit. Do we have a quote of the anti-semitic remark you say happened? Does it exist? You reported it " Anti-semitic remarks made towards a Jewish MP who was present. " what were the remarks?

You completely miss the point.  It doesn't matter whether or not what was said was anti-Semitic or not.

It is the fact that an anti-semitism row can be allowed to blow up at an event designed to show that the Labour Party isn't anti-Semitic that demonstrates how big a joke they are right now, surely you see that?

4 minutes ago, phart said:

No fact checking...

Read this sound familiar: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jeremy-corbyn-has-made-labour-unsafe-for-jews-says-mp-ruth-smeeth_uk_57751e83e4b0d18f7514b2f4

Here is what the dude said " “I saw the Telegraph handed a copy of a press release to Ruth Smeeth MP, you can see who is working hand-in-hand,” he said."

Here is Ruth Smeeth reply

“This morning, at the launch of the Chakrabarti Inquiry into antisemitism, I was verbally attacked by a Momentum activist and Jeremy Corbyn supporter who used traditional antisemitic slurs to attack me for being part of a ‘media conspiracy’. It is beyond belief that someone could come to the launch of a report on antisemitism in the Labour Party and espouse such vile conspiracy theories about Jewish people, which were ironically highlighted as such in Ms Chakrabarti’s report, while the leader of my own party stood by and did absolutely nothing.”

“People like this have no place in our party or our movement and must be opposed. Until today I had made no public comment about Jeremy’s ability to lead our party, but the fact that he failed to intervene is final proof for me that he is unfit to lead, and that a Labour Party under his stewardship cannot be a safe space for British Jews.  I have written to the General Secretary of the Labour Party and the Chair of the Parliamentary Labour Party to formally complain about this morning’s events.”

“No-one from the Leader’s office has contacted me since the event, which is itself a catastrophic failure of leadership. I call on Jeremy Corbyn to resign immediately and make way for someone with the backbone to confront racism and antisemitism in our party and in the country.”

1 minute ago, aaid said:

You completely miss the point.  It doesn't matter whether or not what was said was anti-Semitic or not.

It is the fact that an anti-semitism row can be allowed to blow up at an event designed to show that the Labour Party isn't anti-Semitic that demonstrates how big a joke they are right now, surely you see that?

I know they are a joke, however you stated " Anti-semitic remarks made towards a Jewish MP who was present. " That was my point.

All i'm asking you is to quote the remarks on here. I know it's a shambles etc.

Just now, phart said:

I know they are a joke, however you stated " Anti-semitic remarks made towards a Jewish MP who was present. " That was my point.

All i'm asking you is to quote the remarks on here. I know it's a shambles etc.

I've told you the remarks and the context, you don't agree.  Fair enough, that's your opinion. 

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

I've told you the remarks and the context, you don't agree.  Fair enough, that's your opinion. 

No you've not. I've quoted what he said. You've disguised it in language identical to the papers as saying what he meant rather than what he said " the momentum activist effectively accused the MP of being part of a media conspiracy, "

A conspiracy is collusion to do something illegal, here is again what he said " I saw the Telegraph handed a copy of a press release to Ruth Smeeth MP, you can see who is working hand-in-hand,”

He said the telegraph (not the media) The anti-semitic trope owning/controlling the media is nowhere to be seen. It's working hand in hand with telegraph to presumably oust Corbyn (he never got to finish as the outrage was too much to let him finish)

So now no one can accuse an MP that is Jewish of being compliant with media (something that happens a lot in politics) cause to do so would be anti-Semitic. Wow what a great check and balance system we have created for ourselves here.

There were no anti semitic remarks, either towards the jewish MP or by Jeremy Corbyn when denouncing the treatment the jews and muslims. The fact that an anti semitic row has blown up here tells you everything you need to know about the mainstream media's agenda and the agenda of those Labour MP's who are more interested in personal gain than the good of their party.

3 hours ago, aaid said:

It's not so surprising when you think how easily this could've been set up and created, rather than simply "allowed to blow up" and then the reaction and MP storming out of the press conference and reduced to tears (yeah right) so beautifully stage-managed.

Those that are behind the concerted efforts to bring Corbyn down are utter ruthless bastards and will stop at nothing to get their way.  They see anything and everything as fair hand to succeed in their aims.

Unless i am missing something, accusing an MP of colluding with the press (and in this case there appeared to be evidence that such collusion might've happened) is hardly an anti-semitic remark is it?

This whole episode was created to cause Corbyn maximum embarrassment and nothing he could've said or one would've made any difference to the fallout and reporting of such. Any intervention by him would've been twisted to suit the agenda anyway.  He's damned if does and damned if he doesn't. This is what he's having to put up with and it's quite disgusting.

Youre right about one thing though, Labour right now is an utter joke and a complete shambles but the position the party has been put in is down to the Blairite faction within the party who have put their own interests before those of the party.

I hope Corbyn gets to say what he intends to say in response to Chilcot and call these utter khunts out for what they really are - including Blair.  After that he might decide to just let them get on with it and clean up their own shit.  Nobody would blame him.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

Just now, DaveyDenoon said:

It's not so surprising when you think how easily this could've been set up and created, rather than simply "allowed to blow up" and then the reaction and MP storming out of the press conference and reduced to tears (yeah right) so beautifully stage-managed.

Apparently the guy that went on the rant was from Momentum and is a Corbyn supporter, so I doubt it was set up - at least not in the way you're suggesting.  

Its safe to say that the anti-Corbyn brigade have exploited it thoroughly though. 

Agree entirely with your points on Chilcott.

You could be right ?

But the reaction definitely took full advantage. She had no reason to storm off accusing people of anti-semitic comments and to call immediately for Corbyn's resignation was just desperate. And if being loosely accused of media collusion is enough to reduce her to floods of tears then just perhaps politics isn't really the best career for the poor wee soul.

1 hour ago, Scunnered said:

It doesn't take a genius to work out what we're currently dealing with in the Labour party, cünts, we're dealing with cünts!

13529061_1140085426032623_26920253388021

She  calling someone a  "C**k and screeching about it being personal. She was also talking about folk taking a blowtorch to her neck. I think she was probably getting called out on her brass neck and is too stupid to realise. EDITY: ah i see someone has told her eventually. lol

35C5DB7C00000578-3665343-image-a-5_14671

Some of the behaviour is irrational like panicked behaviour. Trying to figure out what the panic is, it really scaring some folk.

Edited by phart

This is a very good read.  This Portland company seems to be knee deep in this coup.  ex Labour MP Gemma Doyle mentioned within it and last night she was on the attack on Alex Rowley MSP who came out for Corbyn.

http://www.thecanary.co/2016/06/29/blairite-pr-firm-tied-to-labour-coup-anticipated-mass-resignations-six-months-ago/

2 hours ago, giblet said:

This is a very good read.  This Portland company seems to be knee deep in this coup.  ex Labour MP Gemma Doyle mentioned within it and last night she was on the attack on Alex Rowley MSP who came out for Corbyn.

http://www.thecanary.co/2016/06/29/blairite-pr-firm-tied-to-labour-coup-anticipated-mass-resignations-six-months-ago/

It was a good read in the other thread as well. ;)

Edited by phart

13 hours ago, giblet said:

That non-entity Doyle has been on TV and radio quite a few times during the last ten days ranting about how Jeremy Corbyn is the anti-christ. 

She also has a massive ego, she actually told an interviewer "I will be an MP again one day". :lol:

Who ever actually heard of her whilst she was an MP anyway ?