Jeremy Corbyn - fecked? - Page 10 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jeremy Corbyn - fecked?

Labour seem to be in complete civil war mode, beyond caring who they are hurting (each other - not the Tories). insinuations and accusations of bullying and intimidation seem totally self-serving, seem designed to create endless "Corbyn denies bullying" headlines.

It looks as if it's not just Jeremy Corbyn 'fecked' - but the Labour party 'fecked'

5 hours ago, Toepoke said:

"One Bangladeshi factory worker Abdul, 35, said last night: ‘I feel angry that a politician is using T-shirts created with our back-breaking work to make a statement about workers’ rights when he clearly doesn’t care about our rights at all.’"

I'm going out on a limb here and saying that looks like a totally made-up quote. 

Another quote...

"Last night Momentum cancelled its contract with the British supplier of the T-shirts and promised to ‘rigorously’ check the sourcing of its merchandise in the future."

British supplier? So they used a british supplier who sources from Bangladesh. What is the prevailing hourly wage in Bangladesh? Is the wage paid to these workers much lower? I bet it is not. And if it is not then should we give them no business just for being poor? How does that help them? This idea that we should force the Bangladesh company to pay them western wages is so retarded it is beyond belief. 

It is a bullshit article from top to bottom.

Edited by thplinth

I'm pretty certain it's also a rehashed article, they ran the same story, or near enough, when he won the leadership election first time round. 

Slave labour is obviously an incredibly negative thing. But, the article is pish, how much is the average wage there, is it really slave labour etc etc Taking away contracts isn't going to help these people is it. 

5 hours ago, thplinth said:

"One Bangladeshi factory worker Abdul, 35, said last night: ‘I feel angry that a politician is using T-shirts created with our back-breaking work to make a statement about workers’ rights when he clearly doesn’t care about our rights at all.’"

I'm going out on a limb here and saying that looks like a totally made-up quote. 

Obviously made up quote.

I'm just supporting Corbyn cause so many kents want him out. They're lucky he isn't a bold charismatic person, as his popularity would be crazy, but then a lot the charismatic folk in politics are actually mor elikely to be psycho's.

Labour need to split. I cannot see any way forward for them at present. I was talking with 3 work colleagues the other day, all supposed Labour supporters. They were all critising Corbyn. One said ' no-one will work with him. He locks himself in a room and doesnt speak to anyone' ( yes really )  Another  colleague said that the campaign againsnt him has really only started since the Eu referendum,  as he was not  vocal enough. Wtf ?? Only started since the Eu referendum? Have these people been living on the moon? They seem to think a new leader will change everything and Labour will become a big united love in once again. I tried to explain , that the ways things currently stand,  the same problems are going to exist no matter who they elect.

Its a bad day for Labour when the only person lending support to their leader is a member of the SNP. 

8 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Labour need to split. I cannot see any way forward for them at present. I was talking with 3 work colleagues the other day, all supposed Labour supporters. They were all critising Corbyn. One said ' no-one will work with him. He locks himself in a room and doesnt speak to anyone' ( yes really )  Another  colleague said that the campaign againsnt him has really only started since the Eu referendum,  as he was not  vocal enough. Wtf ?? Only started since the Eu referendum? Have these people been living on the moon? They seem to think a new leader will change everything and Labour will become a big united love in once again. I tried to explain , that the ways things currently stand,  the same problems are going to exist no matter who they elect.

Its a bad day for Labour when the only person lending support to their leader is a member of the SNP. 

Agreed

The whole next 3 months is just going to be a complete waste of time

Typically the Labour party refuse to see it or are in denial like most things

I think UK labour is destined to split but in Scotland, I think you can see a potential three way split.

1. The PLP supporters who are dyed in the wool Unionists as well, as typified by the likes of Ian Murray.

2. Left wing Corbynistas like Neil Findlay who are antipathetic towards Independence.

3. More "pragmatic" people like Henry McLeish who perhaps aren't ideologically opposed to Independence and can see the direction of travel.

I'm not sure which category Kezia is really in.  She portrays herself as being in category 1 but occasionally lets slip that she ultimately is in category 3.  

29 minutes ago, aaid said:

I think UK labour is destined to split but in Scotland, I think you can see a potential three way split.

1. The PLP supporters who are dyed in the wool Unionists as well, as typified by the likes of Ian Murray.

2. Left wing Corbynistas like Neil Findlay who are antipathetic towards Independence.

3. More "pragmatic" people like Henry McLeish who perhaps aren't ideologically opposed to Independence and can see the direction of travel.

I'm not sure which category Kezia is really in.  She portrays herself as being in category 1 but occasionally lets slip that she ultimately is in category 3.  

I hope you are wrong as I can only see that situation as bad for Scotland. I think many people currently only vote for Labour as a default as they are against independence but would never vote Tory. A 3 way    split in Labour would dilute that support even further meaning the Conservatives would become the second party in Scotland for the foreseeable future. I may be a member of the SNP but I strongly believe all governments need to be held to account. I am  not however convinced having the Tories as main oppostition is progress to a fairer society. 

ICM poll

Conservatives - 43% (up 4 on ICM two weeks ago)

Labour - 27% (down 2)

Ukip - 13% (down 1)

Lib Dems - 8% (down 1)

SNP 4% (nc)

Green 4% (nc)

Plaid Cymru 1% (nc)

icm poll map 18pc g.gif

Map is prediction based on poll, with one seat in Scotland SNP > Tory, the Borders from the looks of things.

Edited by exile

High time folk on here stopped reading the Daily Mail and , yes, the Daily Mirror views and believing all their lies.

The Labour Party is slowly but surely getting back to its roots and will soon purge all the right wing traitors with deselection.  It's not 'Labour is fecked' but the right wing is 'fecked'. Big difference. Over half a million new members can't be wrong.

4 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Interesting... apart from the bizarre Labour results, one thing that this shows is that although the SNP is sometimes called a cult, SNP voters at least rate Ruth positively and give Nicola a reasonable 71%, whereas the Tory votes have Ruth at a cultish 83% positive, and all other party leaders negative.

On 26/07/2016 at 8:09 PM, Toepoke said:

Davidson's individual marks are better than Sturgeon's. How come she's not top?

Corbyn is more liked by the SNP than Labour!

Weighted by number of votes made in 2015 (ie SNP voters opinions have by far heaviest weighting)

2 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Owen Smith?

After his performance today he is dead meat.

What a fud.

Have Labour got any more toes - let alone feet - left in which to to shoot themselves???

He'd be a Milliband Mk. II if he got elected leader.

He's also made a few statements in the past showing he's got a cringe complex about being Welsh.

Coincidentally the last poll I seen had Plaid Cymru support up :ok:

On 26 July 2016 at 7:30 PM, exile said:

Interesting... apart from the bizarre Labour results, one thing that this shows is that although the SNP is sometimes called a cult, SNP voters at least rate Ruth positively and give Nicola a reasonable 71%, whereas the Tory votes have Ruth at a cultish 83% positive, and all other party leaders negative.

A good piece here from James Kelly on this poll.  Essentially his interpretation is that what's left of the Labour vote in Scotland is predominantly Unionist and to the right hence the support for Davidson amongst Labour voters as most left leaning former Labour voters have switched to the SNP, which also explains the support for Corbyn there. 

http://scotgoespop.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/three-simple-reasons-why-labour.html

19 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Some of them still just don't get it. :worried:

It's kind of sad really.

Especially when they have kinda done that with the Tories

Nice chebs though

My maw just got the train this morning down to her sisters, she got the train at St Pancreas to East Croydon and Jeremy Corbyn ended up sitting across from her as he was heading down to Brighton.

Considering how much info she just gave me over the phone she must have talked the lugs off him.