Jeremy Corbyn - fecked? - Page 11 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jeremy Corbyn - fecked?

2 hours ago, phart said:

My maw just got the train this morning down to her sisters, she got the train at St Pancreas to East Croydon and Jeremy Corbyn ended up sitting across from her as he was heading down to Brighton.

Considering how much info she just gave me over the phone she must have talked the lugs off him.

:lol: 

Is that what she called it? Auld dears are brilliant.:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

It's telling that at 9.30pm nobody has bothered to mention the Labour NEC managing to overturn the court ruling that allowed the 100,000 or so new members a vote in the leadership election.

What an absolute spunkstain of a party it has become

And then there's Kezia and the imbecile James Kelly up here playing the bald men fighting over the unionist comb with the tories

Finito

Another suicide note from Scottish Labour. Clearly from the mind of James Kelly MSP

Totally out of touch and determined to ensure Scotland remains under Tory rule

CprK7GhXgAEzNV6.jpg

A Corbyn victory was an assured splintering of the party.

But an inevitable and necessary splintering.

Welsh Labour would have cut themselves away from a Corbyn English Labour. Scottish Labour would have followed suit.

I've no malevolent feeling towards Corybn. If he held the same opinion about Scotland as me then I'd treat him pretty much as a more right wing kindred spirit. Albeit a vegan one.

The 130K were predominantly English voters looking for a left wing alternative and that alternative is now saying "cheers for the £400 grand but fück off you're not Labour enough".

If this isnae proof that Labour's time is dead and gone then I dont know what is.

The left need a viable and cohesive force to unite behind, but what's happened here is people power being shat on by 2 decades of Blairite doctrine.

England needs to find a way past this in the same way that the Scottish left need to find a way past the SNP.

The SNP are at least a means to an end.

A non Corbynite accepting Labour are just an end.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Seriously?

Yip.  It got better, in the summing up at the end, he said "Well we can stick with Jeremy Corbyn or". No idea what he said next as he brought the house down with that.

I haven't really paid much attention to the labour leadership campaign or Owen Smith up to now.   I think Corbyn is basically useless as a leader but Owen Smith comes across as a sleekit wee nasty piece of work. 

Why are folk so obsessed with that utter non-entity? Baffles me. He's a nobody with no power or influence. Yet so many folk in the SNP seem obsessed by his every Twitter comment. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Why are folk so obsessed with that utter non-entity? Baffles me. He's a nobody with no power or influence. Yet so many folk in the SNP seem obsessed by his every Twitter comment. 

Ask @Cove_Sheep. He's having a wee conversation with him right now. 

Ha ha i still have the post i was going to make saved, might as well click it now

16 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

14192610_10210843748398259_4006842013275

Why do we need this guys input? He is like greyfriars bobby waiting next to Scottish labours grave for years not realising it isn't coming back

4 hours ago, kumnio said:

Duncans brilliant, he is the Scottish cnt version of comical Ali, everythings fine here, nothing to see.

His performance today trying to spin Alan Roden's appointment as head of comma for Scottish Labour is something to behold.

Yip, Alan Roden, until recently the Scottish Political Editor of the Daily Mail is now head of comms for The Branch Office. 

2 hours ago, aaid said:

His performance today trying to spin Alan Roden's appointment as head of comma for Scottish Labour is something to behold.

Yip, Alan Roden, until recently the Scottish Political Editor of the Daily Mail is now head of comms for The Branch Office. 

Thats a staggering appointment, have Labour lost all self awareness. Surely someone within their branch office could see that that would look like a horrendous appointment, their self destruction isnt even funny any more.

17 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Thats a staggering appointment, have Labour lost all self awareness. Surely someone within their branch office could see that that would look like a horrendous appointment, their self destruction isnt even funny any more.

It's easy to see why he has been appointed though.  Roden has a talent for concocting anti-SNP stories, and doing little more than attacking the SNP is what SLab have been reduced to.

Also, Roden has been critical of SLab in the past, so getting him on board stops that (in much the same way the OF sign troublesome players from diddy teams and then leave them on the bench).

11 hours ago, Parklife said:

I understand what your getting at and there is some truth to it.

But I think it's down to the fact that he still seems to genuinely believe that North British Labour are the No. 1 political party in Scotland and that the SNP only got into power through a military coup or using black magic. 

That and he's extremely arrogant and obnoxious too.

He also has a face you would never tire of slapping.

• 4 weeks later...