Jeremy Corbyn - fecked? - Page 13 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jeremy Corbyn - fecked?

• 2 months later...

Alex Massie had a go at him earlier in the week

Massie would appear to joining the best way to save the Union (in Unionist eyes) strategy

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/05/jeremy-corbyn-should-not-be-allowed-to-rewrite-the-history-of-his-support-for-the-ira/

15 hours ago, thplinth said:

Does Jeremy Corbyn exist anymore? I am struggling to to remember the last time I saw him in the media.

Still what a glorious time to be alive blah blah blah.

Aye. He's destroying Theresa May weekly at PMQs. Your post highlights that what the media say can actually be more important than the actual facts.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Aye. He's destroying Theresa May weekly at PMQs. Your post highlights that what the media say can actually be more important than the actual facts.

Seriously ? Hes a buffoon (and I am no Tory). Shes an erse as well and a poor communicator.

1 hour ago, mariokempes56 said:

Seriously ? Hes a buffoon (and I am no Tory). Shes an erse as well and a poor communicator.

Yeah. Seriously. You should give it a watch. He's very far from a buffoon. 

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

Aye, I've seen the last three or four and he's exposed her on each occasion.

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

Aren't you sick of him already. He is so ineffectual. 8 years from now or whenever Labour replace him it will be like starting over again.  It is nothing personal, nothing against his ideas but fhuck he is a dead end from what i can see. I think the 'left' is in big trouble I really do. I don't think they see just how close to the precipice they are.  Personally I'd push them over myself given half the chance. Whatever they are now it has little to do with genuine concern for working folk. (I am also stopping my SNP membership, will still vote YES given the chance but getting bored with the endless left pandering.)

• 2 weeks later...

When is this Corbyn revolution kicking in exactly because I am not seeing the square root of fhuck all at this point... like zilch. Surely he could at least be talking about Yemen for example... He is so quite. The guy is invisible and that is about all that I have noticed about him.

It is a poor show and I did not have high expectations but this is a shocker so far.  

Him and Scunnered disappeared about the same time. Coincidence?

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

When is this Corbyn revolution kicking in exactly because I am not seeing the square root of fhuck all at this point... like zilch. Surely he could at least be talking about Yemen for example... He is so quite. The guy is invisible and that is about all that I have noticed about him.

It is a poor show and I did not have high expectations but this is a shocker so far.  

Him and Scunnered disappeared about the same time. Coincidence?

You don't see him kicking the PM's arse every week either though...

the media show you what they want you to see and you're lapping it up. 

There is nothing to 'lap up'. He has fallen off the face of the earth it seems. Surely this can't be how you saw this revolution playing out. That by election was a warning. Seems to me you might be guilty of lapping up the Corbyn pish yourself. Who gives a fhuck about PMQT...really.

This is the 80's all over again. Not particularly liked tories allowed to run rampant in the face of a paralyzed and horribly ineffectual labour opposition that is so badly out of touch with the mood of the country it is frightening.

Edited by thplinth

9 hours ago, thplinth said:

There is nothing to 'lap up'. He has fallen off the face of the earth it seems. Surely this can't be how you saw this revolution playing out. That by election was a warning. Seems to me you might be guilty of lapping up the Corbyn pish yourself. Who gives a fhuck about PMQT...really.

While in the grand scheme of things, PMQs isn't majorly important,it is the only time that the majority of the electorate get to see the various leaders in action and up against each other.  For that reason - and how it's portrayed in the media - it's where a lit of people form their opinions of the effectiveness of the various leaders.  They shouldn't but they do and for that reason alone how you perform is important.

Corbyn is doing a lot better especially after he's dropped the "I've had an email from Senga" and also his scattergun approach of asking six questions on six different subjects.  He's also doing a lot better against May than he did against Cameron although I think that's got as much to do with May than Corbyn.  i wouldn't go so far as to say he's kicking her arse every week, he misses far too many own goals for that.

The only consistently good performer is Angus Robertson who generally gets praise from across the spectrum.  You can tell from May's body language that she's very wary of him.

The Labour party do a brilliant job of occupying the political space of a party that appears to be interested in helping ordinary people. They actually crowd it out so no genuine party can have a go. But like the democrats in the US they are actually the most exploitative of ordinary people. The tories are what they are. Labour are a pack of lies. 

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/12/28/11-great-thomas-sowell-quotes/

1. The Welfare State:

The blacks in the West Indies had al sorts of experiences growing their own food, selling the surplus in the market, and, in fact, being responsible for budgeting what they had. Black [slaves] in the United States were deliberately kept from having that. Dependence was seen as the key to holding the slaves down. It’s ironic that that same principle comes up in the welfare state 100 years later.

The black family survived centuries of slavery and generations of Jim Crow, but it has disintegrated in the wake of the liberals’ expansion of the welfare state.

2. A Legacy of Liberalism:

Nearly a hundred years of the supposed “legacy of slavery” found most black children being raised in two-parent families in 1960. But thirty years after the liberal welfare state found the great majority of black children being raised by a single parent.

The murder rate among blacks in 1960 was one-half of what it became 20 years later, after a legacy of liberals’ law enforcement policies. Public housing projects in the first half of the 20th century were clean, safe places, where people slept outside on hot summer nights, when they were too poor to afford air conditioning. That was before admissions standards for public housing projects were lowered or abandoned, in the euphoria of liberal non-judgmental notions. And it was before the toxic message of victimhood was spread by liberals.

If we are to go by evidence of social retrogression, liberals have wreaked more havoc on blacks than the supposed “legacy of slavery” they talk about.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

While in the grand scheme of things, PMQs isn't majorly important,it is the only time that the majority of the electorate get to see the various leaders in action and up against each other.  For that reason - and how it's portrayed in the media - it's where a lit of people form their opinions of the effectiveness of the various leaders.  They shouldn't but they do and for that reason alone how you perform is important.

Corbyn is doing a lot better especially after he's dropped the "I've had an email from Senga" and also his scattergun approach of asking six questions on six different subjects.  He's also doing a lot better against May than he did against Cameron although I think that's got as much to do with May than Corbyn.  i wouldn't go so far as to say he's kicking her arse every week, he misses far too many own goals for that.

The only consistently good performer is Angus Robertson who generally gets praise from across the spectrum.  You can tell from May's body language that she's very wary of him.

How do you miss an own goal ?

And just to chuck this in... If Nicola wants to go all left wing pro EU and think that will be the golden road to a YES... that is a bad bet (now). The EC was a great idea... a common market... but that idea was corrupted so long ago now. So the SNP needs to embrace the idea that the EU as it has become can be criticized. Scots are pro EU by default we are told but are they really? I don't think they are!

Common market... virtually no one one would argue against that I think.

Common country.. yeah huge problems.  Funny how it was sold as one a market and then made into the other a common country. 

And then you get to Merkel. She came very close to collapsing it all. Possibly Bexit saved the rump. We will see.

Burn it down and start again. It could be done in months IMHO. It is just a legal framework. Put it back to the good idea. A common market of nation states.

27 minutes ago, thplinth said:

And this is key to what you are seeing globally I venture... working class people returning to the right wing.

(They have been betrayed. And very predictably.)

Agree with that. 

The Labour Party is full of snakes. Although Corbyn does appear to be a genuine politician, based on how he's voted in the past, not his public image via the media. 

Almost like Trump, there will be many throughout the Labour Party and the media who will do almost anything to make sure Corbyn isn't prime minister. 

9 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Agree with that. 

The Labour Party is full of snakes. Although Corbyn does appear to be a genuine politician, based on how he's voted in the past, not his public image via the media. 

Almost like Trump, there will be many throughout the Labour Party and the media who will do almost anything to make sure Corbyn isn't prime minister. 

Yeah I think he is a good man. Still disappointed in him.