Spain - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

In typical Flora fashion, I've got a chance of a job in Spain - the timing couldn't be better.

Does anyone on here live there? If so, any good? What's the feeling about Brexit? I met the geezer in the weej last week, and he wants me out for an interview over there. The cash is pretty shit, but it's free accommodation. The only person I'd miss is my maw, so it's nae great upheaval.

It's down in Valderamma (nr Malaga). My Spanish isn't that bad, but if it's full of Cockney gangsters, then it's not for me.

I thought Malaga was a great place when I went. Was only there a day, but thoroughly enjoyed it. 

There are a few wannabe geezers and their molls out there, but they are easily avoidable. 

May as well go out for the interview with a couple of days either side and see what u think.

take sun cream.

37 minutes ago, Flora MaDonald said:

In typical Flora fashion, I've got a chance of a job in Spain - the timing couldn't be better.

Does anyone on here live there? If so, any good? What's the feeling about Brexit? I met the geezer in the weej last week, and he wants me out for an interview over there. The cash is pretty shit, but it's free accommodation. The only person I'd miss is my maw, so it's nae great upheaval.

It's down in Valderamma (nr Malaga). My Spanish isn't that bad, but if it's full of Cockney gangsters, then it's not for me.

what's the role ?   does it involve wearing a dress and make up ?  

I do remember you saying you were quite pretty 

9 minutes ago, Flora MaDonald said:

Ha Ha! Not this time, Euan. Golf Co-ordinator in Valderrama. The timing couldn't be worse.

Alternatively, the timing couldn't be better - get out while you still can. 

Edited by aaid

Stayed in Los Pacos (next door to Fuengirola, Malaga) for around a year.  

Was brilliant.  Learned a wee bit of Spanish to get me by but mostly used English. 

Food and drink is cheap, as is housing.   Great weather, good fishing.   What's not to like!    

Get a motor and you've got plenty to do in the south. 

How soon would you be going out ?

One of my mate's is heading there this weekend with his family for 2 weeks and I'd like to give him fair warning and the chance to cancel his trip ?

:P:lol:

I'd say go for it and enjoy every minute.:ok:

12 hours ago, fringo said:

How soon would you be going out ?

One of my mate's is heading there this weekend with his family for 2 weeks and I'd like to give him fair warning and the chance to cancel his trip ?

:P:lol:

I'd say go for it and enjoy every minute.:ok:

Cheeky wee shite !!. Spanish shares are going through the roof with the arrival of Flora.

21 hours ago, Flora MaDonald said:

Your Spanish is full of Cockney gangsters :unsure: ?

Sometimes you need to take a chance. I have just taken a redundancy and intend to re-train by doing a post-grad for primary teaching. As soon as the decision was made I felt like I had a real purpose again and have thrown myself into making sure I get on the course. Different for you if you enjoy your current job but what an adventure to go on..............new lifestyle, great weather, beautiful women, healthy booze culture, nice city on your doorstep.........I would say do it. Good luck.

At 8 am on Friday at Santander atm 300 euros cost me 244 pounds today 300 euros cost me 266 pounds feckin ignorant brexit feckers .The expats in spain aint happy  especially if they have uk pensions and houses rents mortgages have just gone up 10 % in 2 business days

On the bright side sunis shining and Iceland fecked the morris dancersI

On 27 June 2016 at 11:55 AM, Flora MaDonald said:

Take yer maw with you and tell her to bring her hoover.