Wimbledon 2016 - Page 4 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wimbledon 2016

Parklife

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magnificent achievement from Andy. 

Any youngster hoping to make it in any sport should look to Murray for an example. Dedicated, driven, committed, incredibly hard working.

He's a superb champion, in so many different ways. 

Excellent stuff by Murray, impressed by Raonic though, might have been three straight sets but it wasn't easy.  Just wish our footballers have the same resilience and mental toughness.  90 years since an Englishman last won the men's singles!

19 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

the stats would suggest he is. and all round decent guy to boot.

Wasn't being serious when I said about best tie break player, I am sure he is as that's what commentators said, just that Murray gubbed him in both tie breaks, sounds like he is a nice guy, got a lovely partner as well,

Just now, 86glebestreet said:

Wasn't being serious when I said about best tie break player, I am sure he is as that's what commentators said, just that Murray gubbed him in both tie breaks, sounds like he is a nice guy, got a lovely partner as well,

he ticks all the boxes. the only thing in my opinion Murray has got going for him is he is with a coaching legend, has a decent bird, is Scottish, and an occasional grand slam winner (if with coaching legend)...........apart from that......:)

1 hour ago, Hertsscot said:

Excellent stuff by Murray, impressed by Raonic though, might have been three straight sets but it wasn't easy.  Just wish our footballers have the same resilience and mental toughness.  90 years since an Englishman last won the men's singles!

Correction 80 years!  Well done to Gordon Reid as well.

Fantastic display. Emphasised why it's now him and Djokovic imo. Raonic played much the same as he did against Federer, but Murray got far more back at him. I really hope he kicks on again and wins another three or four over the next few years. In particular I want him to win the Australian open given he's been to the finally five times and lost.  

That was an incredible tournament, I've been glued to this since it started which is more than I can say for another tournament taking place in France.

it wasn't the easiest match but I don't think murray looked troubled much during it. I reckon Rainic will eventually win a slam but nit till Murray and Novak chuck it in.

i really hope we see Murray pick up anoth two or three, hopefully against Djokovic in the finals too.