Wimbledon 2016 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wimbledon 2016

Parklife

Now that Wimbledon is underway, i'm looking forward to it more than any previous ones. Mainly because i'm heading down there tomorrow and have tickets for Court 1. 

It's my first visit to Wimbledon so any hints on things to see, do, etc would be much appreciated. I'm led to believe you're allowed to take in alcohol, can anyone confirm? Would be good to take in a bottle of wine (non-tonic). 

On day 2 on Court 1 for the past 3 years, it has been 2 mens + 1 womans match, anyone know if this is always the case? 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great day out.  Amazing people (burd) watching potential.  Plenty of folk take their own picnics.  Many don't have tickets for any of the show courts and just sit around (inc Murray Mount) which seems to include wine etc. I haven't been for 20 years mind you.

Edited by SMcoolJ

We went to Wimbledon for the first time today, it's better than the us open and the French open. That's despite being on centre courts for the latter two and only being on court two for Wimbledon. The whole experience at Wimbledon is just mikes better.

loved every minute and will be back again next year.

Djockovic on court one at 12. I think he will win but this is something he can do without......a rain delayed  I've setter. 

Play going ahead on Sunday for only the 4th time. 

7 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Djockovic on court one at 12. I think he will win but this is something he can do without......a rain delayed  I've setter. 

Play going ahead on Sunday for only the 4th time. 

He's oot! :blink:

I thought her smile had as much to do with the crowd going mad when they saw the score as the result itself. Didn't see the first 2 sets of Djokovic's match on Friday but watched it yesterday and there was definitely something wrong with him, either illness or injury. There was no snap on his serve or ground strokes. If he'd been playing one of the top 10 he'd have been beaten far more comfortably. As it was Querrey nearly bottled it, his serve got him through.

On Sunday, July 03, 2016 at 0:07 PM, Jaggy Jim said:

I thought her smile had as much to do with the crowd going mad when they saw the score as the result itself. Didn't see the first 2 sets of Djokovic's match on Friday but watched it yesterday and there was definitely something wrong with him, either illness or injury. There was no snap on his serve or ground strokes. If he'd been playing one of the top 10 he'd have been beaten far more comfortably. As it was Querrey nearly bottled it, his serve got him through.

I think we all know what's up with him, his EPO delivery was delayed and it cost him.

Very efficient performance against a typically variable Kyrgios. 

Inverdale's comment at the end about Kyrgios "lumbering off like something out of the jungle book" was at best crass, if not downright racist.

13 hours ago, biffer said:

Very efficient performance against a typically variable Kyrgios. 

Inverdale's comment at the end about Kyrgios "lumbering off like something out of the jungle book" was at best crass, if not downright racist.

Since when was comparing someone to Balloo racist? 

1 hour ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Was it Inverdale who caused a bit of a backlash about Marion Bartoli?

he said she wasn't much of a looker.

anyway Quarter Finals day today with some cracking matches coming up.

I'm "working" from home :lol:

Edited by vanderark14