Wimbledon 2016 - Page 3 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wimbledon 2016

Parklife

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I was hoping that my prediction would put the jinx on Federer.:lol:

Raonic is better than Federer. 

4 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Most brutal tennis match I've ever witnessed was Del Potro v Djokovic semi at Wimbledon.2013. 4 hours and 45 minutes.

It's probably got a shout for greatest game of tennis ever.

That was an incredible game, the big man was so unlucky. Been on holiday so haven't been following it too closely, what happened to the big man? Fancied him as an outsider when Novak dropped out.

1 minute ago, Toepoke said:

That was an incredible game, the big man was so unlucky. Been on holiday so haven't been following it too closely, what happened to the big man? Fancied him as an outsider when Novak dropped out.

Disposed of Wawrinka in round 3 (?) but then got taken out himself next round.

If he gets fit again Del Potro is a contender for sure.

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

If he gets fit again Del Potro is a contender for sure.

Aye now i had a look and saw he was unseeded this time.

Anyway 'mon the Murray B)

Incredibly it's taken 11 Grand Slam finals to come up against a lower ranked player!

2 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Most brutal tennis match I've ever witnessed was Del Potro v Djokovic semi at Wimbledon.2013. 4 hours and 45 minutes.

It's probably got a shout for greatest game of tennis ever.

mind the final with Nadal and Federar..  5 sets   went to 9-7 or something in final set   that for me was the best ever... well over 5 hours..   or am i havering here...

For me some of the classic finals were when I was a schoolkid and watched a lot of Wimbledon.

Many of them involved Bjorn Borg, Connors and then McEnroe, Becker etc.

I see to remember Bjorg v Roscoe Tanner was a classic 3-2.

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Dinnae like him.

Fair enough :lol:. Either do I. I'd rather he won to increase Murray's chances though. 

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Fair enough :lol:. Either do I. I'd rather he won to increase Murray's chances though. 

Personally think Murray has this l. Had it been Federer, must admit I was 50/50 and tbh I've no idea why, because he has made some unbelievably basic errors this week. Raonic on the other hand has probably played the best I've seen. 

Anyway no matter. Mon Andy. 

have an un-nervingly positive feeling about his chances today, feeling it might well be 3-0.

murray has a very good record of beating players below him in the rankings, and losing to those higher. 

7 hours ago, Boynze said:

have an un-nervingly positive feeling about his chances today, feeling it might well be 3-0.

murray has a very good record of beating players below him in the rankings, and losing to those higher. 

An excellent endorsement of the ranking system, I suppose. 

Your positive feelings have also been endorsed so far...