Iceland v England - Page 6 - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Iceland v England

wheres the pies

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

Wonderful. Just a shame a thoroughly decent man in Hodgson will be massacred in the press now.

I doubt he'll survive this.  Shame, because I have a lot of time for him too.

That was just wonderful! Smug commentators (although slightly more gracious in the 2nd half, as if they'd been told off at HT) totally deserved that. England were utterly hapless and pathetic. Iceland played to their strengths and won so many headers when England started lumping the ball into the box. We should be like that.

Superb! ?

We've got the best league in the world... £150m blah blah blah.   Iceland have no professional teams.   Fundamentally wrong... blah blah blah.

GIRFUYs :lol::lol::lol:

Full credit to Iceland. They deserved to win tonight.

I agree that Roy Hodgson is a decent man and I don't think he's a bad manager, despite this defeat. However, you simply cannot lose to Iceland in the knockout stage of a major competition and expect to keep your job as England manager. Especially not when you've already had two poor tournaments previously.

I disagreed with the selection of Sterling tonight - I think Lallana has been playing well and should have started again - but even so, we had enough good players on the pitch to have done better than we did.

That is the worst and most embarrassing (for the players and manager) England performance that I have witnessed in my lifetime.

Just now, George Saint said:

I disagreed with the selection of Sterling tonight - I think Lallana has been playing well and should have started again - but even so, we had enough good players on the pitch to have done better than we did.

Very strange decision, Sterling is absolute mince.

1 minute ago, George Saint said:

Full credit to Iceland. They deserved to win tonight.

I agree that Roy Hodgson is a decent man and I don't think he's a bad manager, despite this defeat. However, you simply cannot lose to Iceland in the knockout stage of a major competition and expect to keep your job as England manager. Especially not when you've already had two poor tournaments previously.

That is the worst and most embarrassing (for the players and manager) England performance that I have witnessed in my lifetime.

I'd agree and think they took Iceland for granted.

5 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

That was just wonderful! Smug commentators (although slightly more gracious in the 2nd half, as if they'd been told off at HT) totally deserved that.

Noticed that too, having compared it to the San Marino game in the 1st half, he was talking about Iceland's excellent recent record and victories over Holland and Spain by KO of the 2nd half.

I reckon he only found all that out at half time!