Game of Thrones - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

20 hours ago, Donaldo87 said:

Glad its back. Was bubbling along ok and you think not much is going to happen this episode and then bang!

Wonder what will become of Theon.

Hot Pie has clearly been enjoying his own cooking :lol:

I have a feeling Theon is only doing what his sister has instructed him to do, run and fight another day

17 minutes ago, biffer said:

So your girlfriend is watching the thing full of tits and fighting and you're watching Delia? You've taken this feminism thing too far.

:lol:

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I have a feeling Theon is only doing what his sister has instructed him to do, run and fight another day

:lol:

I seen that mentioned somewhere else but I thought she had a look of rage/disgust on her face when she realised that he was going to bolt the course.

6 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

I seen that mentioned somewhere else but I thought she had a look of rage/disgust on her face when she realised that he was going to bolt the course.

I noticed that too but I still think he will make an appearance as some sort of hero later on 

On 26/07/2017 at 5:08 AM, Ormond said:

Am I the only fvcker who doesn't watch this? She(that's right cvnts) pesters the fvck out of me to watch it. I disappear upstairs to watch a cooking channel when it's on.

I would think if you are looking for other board members who don't watch GoT then posting in the GoT thread is not really going to be the place to find them.

7 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I would think if you are looking for other board members who don't watch GoT then posting in the GoT thread is not really going to be the place to find them.

Calm doon Son. I wisnae trying tae be cvntlike. :D

18 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I noticed that too but I still think he will make an appearance as some sort of hero later on 

I reached some of season one and two recently. I'd forgotten how much of a twat Theon was. He was never one of the good guys, people have just been twisted into forgetting what an absolute arsehole he was before his cock was cut off. 

5 hours ago, biffer said:

I reached some of season one and two recently. I'd forgotten how much of a twat Theon was. He was never one of the good guys, people have just been twisted into forgetting what an absolute arsehole he was before his cock was cut off. 

That is just Reeking of ignorance to the story :D

I think it will be interesting when Jon Snow meets Daenerys, he has Targaryen blood in him so perhaps some kind of dragon reaction or not being affected by fire or something like that cold be on the cards?

I also think Theon/Yara are not done yet.....

Jon Snow is Dany's king if Rhaeghar married Lyanna , which he probably did, that's why the Kingsguard were there at the Tower of Joy,to protect the heir to the crown.

If Dany pushes her right to be Queen then she pushes Jon's right to be King as he is Rheghars heir.

I have not read a word of it nor seen a second of it (other than trailers) on TV but phart's enthusiasm and endorsements of it over the years on here makes think it must be class. The writing must be very good to have made a success of this genre in the mainstream. I never would have believed it would be so successful in the mainstream. Dragons and shit... I am amazed. Will start at S01E01... see how I go.

edit: oh and maybe try the book as well. :lol:

Edited by thplinth

The first 3 books are great the next 2 average in comparison.

I've only seen "season"(sorry Neil) 1 which was alright and season 6 (pretty bad) and the first 2 episodes of season 7 (fecking terrible) . It's going beyond the books that's why i tuned back in to see what happens as Martin ain't finishing this story.

The dialogue took a turn for the worse when Martin stopped working with the show to concentrate on the books. That's why Tyrion isn't as funny and as pithy now, they don't have the scenes from the books to copy the dialogue from.

In fact what you should be reading is R.Scott Bakkers second apocalypse series which is split into 3 series. 2 of which are complete now. Prince of nothing (3 books) The Aspect Emperor (4 books) and The No-God (2-3 books not yet written) The last book of the 2nd series just came out a couple of weeks ago, it's one of my favourite books with my favourite ending.

18 hours ago, thplinth said:

I have not read a word of it nor seen a second of it (other than trailers) on TV but phart's enthusiasm and endorsements of it over the years on here makes think it must be class. The writing must be very good to have made a success of this genre in the mainstream. I never would have believed it would be so successful in the mainstream. Dragons and shit... I am amazed. Will start at S01E01... see how I go.

edit: oh and maybe try the book as well. :lol:

What Martin set out to do us write fantasy in the style of historical fiction. So mainly battles, wars, sex, intrigue, politics etc, with only occasional bits of dragons or magic or zombies. So the focus of the plot ends up being people and rivalries, instead of fantastical creatures.

Yeah you have Plot, character, themes and world building.

Martin's story is character and plot driven, and he has worked in TV for longer than he has been writing the series. So works well for TV.

You couldn't get my favourite book series on TV, Ramsay Bolton is a twerp in comparison to some real evil characters.

3 hours ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Third Episode - Doesn't have BOOM factor of previous episode, but things are shaping up nicely.

You have the feeling something huge is going to happen in the final episode of the season 7.

I am quite enjoying series 7 so far. its quite fast moving and not having read the books I don't really care if its not 100% faithful.

4 hours ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Third Episode - Doesn't have BOOM factor of previous episode, but things are shaping up nicely.

You have the feeling something huge is going to happen in the final episode of the season 7.

They usually have the really big events in the second last episode - Red Wedding, Battle of the Bastards, Ned getting his head cut off, Battle of Blackwater, The Wildlings assault on Castle Black, Burniing Shireen, etc. 

Liked this one better, i've been waiting almost 20 years to see Jon meet Dany

The wall will come down at the end of the series would be my guess or a breach along it somewhere.

Last series will be the battle of the long winter.

Not sure how much longer littlefinger scheming can last with Brans seeming omniscience and i doubt his shtick will work on Arya.

Cersie doing a lot better in battle than i thought as well, I wonder what dragon is going to get pranged by that ballista. Also how long before Jaime and Euron clash as well.

Book Jaime would have went for him already. But book Euron is much more mental.

Edited by phart

On 31/07/2017 at 1:53 PM, ShedTA said:

I am quite enjoying series 7 so far. its quite fast moving and not having read the books I don't really care if its not 100% faithful.

It's past the books now. That's why i'm watching it to see what happens.

On 7/31/2017 at 9:57 AM, Brummie Hibs said:

I thought it had a great BOOM factor, I never saw that move from the lanisters coming. They always seem to find a way to move the odds in their favour

Been watching some of the old scenes on youtube. They done a great job of picking some characters the Queen of thorns is spot on. The Red Viper of Dorne is brilliant just like in the books, the actor is perfect. They recreated the Mountain fight perfectly as well. Tyrions trial was good as well.

I rewatched some old seasons recently, and the things that struck me were in particular watching the evolution of the characters of Sansa and Arya. Relay impressive writing and acting.

Edited by biffer

Myself and my missus don't watch the episode until Friday night and also download Thronecast and watch it straight after. 

Just watched this week's episode, we thought it was a great but picked up on an interesting comment from Kristian Nairn (Hodor) on Thronscast. He said something along the lines of "...he has seen their father - The Mad King, being evil and he doesn't want his sister to go the same way..." when talking about Jaime and Cerci. Strange comment and I reckon that actors would not know the full playout of the plot but why would he say that?

23 minutes ago, ALBANACH said:

Myself and my missus don't watch the episode until Friday night and also download Thronecast and watch it straight after. 

Just watched this week's episode, we thought it was a great but picked up on an interesting comment from Kristian Nairn (Hodor) on Thronscast. He said something along the lines of "...he has seen their father - The Mad King, being evil and he doesn't want his sister to go the same way..." when talking about Jaime and Cerci. Strange comment and I reckon that actors would not know the full playout of the plot but why would he say that?

Something wrong with that, given that the mad King wasn't their father.