Game of Thrones - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

23 minutes ago, ALBANACH said:

Myself and my missus don't watch the episode until Friday night and also download Thronecast and watch it straight after. 

Just watched this week's episode, we thought it was a great but picked up on an interesting comment from Kristian Nairn (Hodor) on Thronscast. He said something along the lines of "...he has seen their father - The Mad King, being evil and he doesn't want his sister to go the same way..." when talking about Jaime and Cerci. Strange comment and I reckon that actors would not know the full playout of the plot but why would he say that?

yep seems like they are sowing seeds of doubt in Jaime's mind re Cersei. I wonder if he might turn against her at some point?

Well Mad-king might be Tyrions dad, but that plot was probably left out the TV series.

Jaime is proabbly going to kill Cersei as he is the "volunquar" (younger brother) who maisie the frog prophesied it.

Edited by phart

34 minutes ago, phart said:

Well Mad-king might be Tyrions dad, but that plot was probably left out the TV series.

Jaime is proabbly going to kill Cersei as he is the "volunquar" (younger brother) who maisie the frog prophesied it.

They didn't leave it out as such but Cersei's father said he didn't not love him because he was a drawer but because he wasn't sure he was his.  Wasn't hard to figure out.

Kristian Nairn clarified that he had made a mistake on his Twitter feed.

im really enjoying this season, the stories are getting a little meatier.  Feels like it's all coming together.

6 minutes ago, Mindimoo said:

They didn't leave it out as such but Cersei's father said he didn't not love him because he was a drawer but because he wasn't sure he was his.  Wasn't hard to figure out.

Kristian Nairn clarified that he had made a mistake on his Twitter feed.

im really enjoying this season, the stories are getting a little meatier.  Feels like it's all coming together.

Ah right, i have only watched clips from season 2 to half-way through season 6 as thats where it started to go past the books.

I sort of wished i watched the series with Oberyn in it, as he was a brilliant character in the books and also the show by the looks of things.

11 minutes ago, phart said:

Ah right, i have only watched clips from season 2 to half-way through season 6 as thats where it started to go past the books.

I sort of wished i watched the series with Oberyn in it, as he was a brilliant character in the books and also the show by the looks of things.

He was in it until season 4.  He was great.

I think anyone who starts watching now (cold) won't enjoy it.  I can't wait to watch all 8 seasons in one marathon weekend (probably the most popular Christmas gift for 2018)!

Edited by Mindimoo

19 hours ago, Mindimoo said:

He was in it until season 4.  He was great.

Those couple of episodes around the trial were some of the best. The scenes in the dungeon and I think I found the end of the fight more shocking / surprising than the red wedding :lol:

Got sent this earlier. Can't work out if it's terrible or fantastic but it helped pass 5 minutes of this train journey :lol:

Westerosi Rhapsody

Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody meets Game of Thrones --- Credit: Jolly Roger Cinema (Youtube Channel) Watch the original video at: https://youtu.be/2aWwZl8MLQA Support the artist at The Jolly Roger Cinema

Posted by Game of Thrones Fanatics on Tuesday, 18 July 2017

There is another author who is less popular but who G R R Martin likes as well in the same genre, he is called Scott Bakker and his last book ended so badly for everyone loads of readers are absolutely enraged by it. Think they wasted their time reading it.

So i'm pretty inured to bad endings. However judging by the reaction of other readers if GOT ended that way there would be riots :)

15 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Know what?

That Jon is the legitimate heir to the throne, I. E. He doesn't just have Targaeryn blood, but he was born in wedlock. So his claim to the throne of westeros is stronger than anyone else. Did Ned know that all the way through Jon's  childhood, while he was hand of the king etc? Up until now most people had, I think, thought that he was Rhaegar's son out of wedlock, so Ned was just protecting his sister's child from harm. But if he was consciously hiding the true heir to the throne, it sheds a whole new light on all of his actions

Edited by biffer

Ned didn't know, i think. The ceremony happened in Dorne, not many people, if any, know that Lyanna went willingly the common narrative is he kidnapped and raped her.

Letter will be the one that Sansa was forced to write to Robb after they beheaded Ned.