Tartan Army Boat (Vienna/Bratislava) - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tartan Army Boat (Vienna/Bratislava)

slasher

Those of you who have been following this on the other thread will be aware that I have been trying to charter a boat for our onward journey from Vienna to Bratislava ahead of our qualifier against Slovakia. I am now in a position to offer the following.

Itinerary.

Although departure time is not yet set in stone it is anticipated we will leave Vienna around 12 noon on Monday 10th October. Our cruise along the Danube will last approximately 4 hours giving us an ETA of around 4pm local time in Bratislava. Passengers should be at the landing stage Wien 45 minutes before departure.

Boat Facilities 

The capacity for this trip is 45 persons. The boat itself comprises of a heated indoor lounge with WiFi and iPod dock to get the tunes blasting. There is also an onboard bar selling beers, spirits and wines from the Moselle region. There is also potential for catering although I haven't asked for that as yet. The outer/viewing deck has a capacity of 24 at any given time if the weather is fair. There is a landing charge payable to port authorities in Slovakia which will be collected by boat crew during the cruise of €5.50 per person.

Price/Payment 

The exchange rate is a bit flaky at the moment but I am confident in offering the trip at £37.50 per person payable as soon as possible. Around 38 people expressed an in interest in this trip on the other thread. This is not a guarantee of a place. To ensure your place post on this thread and I will pm you payment details. If the exchange rate goes south I may have to ask you for no more than extra £5 or so. Alternatively if the rate is kind I will refund you or if the sums are negligible donate the excess to the TA Sunshine Appeal. The sooner I get the money in, the sooner I can pay the deposit the charter firm are looking for to secure this venture.

I would ask that those coming bring as many flags, banners, saltires etc as possible so we can deck the boat out from top to bottom. I'm aware that there are other quicker, cheaper ways into Bratislava from Vienna but this is a fantastic opportunity to arrive in one Europe's capital cities in style and make new friends along the way. Hopefully enough of you will support this venture to make it happen.

Regards, Captain Slasher ?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Flure said:

Flure and Lady Flure.

And, on behalf of the Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal, can I thank you for thinking about us.

No problem sir, a worthy cause that Scotland's fans can be proud of.

I should of course have started the ball rolling with my own group.

Slasher x4 - in!

2 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

GTA x 8

Seaeching Google suggests it normally takes no more than 2 hours. Not complaining but why so long?

Time may be an issue for our party too as we're not very good on boats  - didn't appreciate it would be so long !

8 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

GTA x 8

Seaeching Google suggests it normally takes no more than 2 hours. Not complaining but why so long?

I've just re-read their email. It's saying that charter time is 4 hours not necessarily transfer time. You may well be right about it being 2 hours. I'll ask them to confirm.

3 hours ago, Flure said:

Flure and Lady Flure.

And, on behalf of the Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal, can I thank you for thinking about us.

Pm sent. Welcome aboard! ?

That's us at 23 already lads.... halfway there!

Lads there is now a PayPal option for payment if you'd prefer. Don't panic if I'm a bit slow getting back to you, I'm off to Florida for 2weeks tomorrow but I will keep in touch with the board and my emails.