Tartan Army Boat (Vienna/Bratislava) - Page 4 - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tartan Army Boat (Vienna/Bratislava)

slasher

FINAL CONFIRMED DETAILS FOR THIS TRIP ARE AS FOLLOWS.

DEPARTURE

Departure is at 12 noon. All passengers should gather at the Landing Stage Marina Wien, 1020 Wien, Handelskai 343 45 minutes beforehand i.e. 11:15 am. Our sail time including sluicing will be 3 h 30 approximately, giving us an eta in Bratislava of around 3:30 pm local time.

ON BOARD

Can I ask all those attending to bring as many flags/banners etc, so we can get the boat decked out top to bottom in Scotland colours. There will be a bar onboard selling beer ( Stiegl €3:50/0.5l), wine (€12.50/17.50 btl) and a limited range of spirits and liqueurs. The captain has also permitted us to bring on board our own alcohol should you prefer, but please no 'T' in the park style trolley loads lol. They have offered me catering, but given that they understandably wanted an itemised order from me, I have declined. I suggest everyone has a hearty breakfast and/or brings along some sandwiches for the trip. Please also come prepared in the event of the weather being poor, some waterproof clothing especially if you like a cigarette as there will be no smoking in the indoor lounge. For those of you wishing to broadcast on Facebook/Periscope or whatever the boat is equipped with wifi. There is also an idock for tunes and a playlist is being organised. Please remember a landing charge of €5:50 is payable per person and will be collected by boat crew at some point during our sail.

SUNDAY NIGHT IN VIENNA

A few of us will be in the 1516 Brewing Co pub in Vienna on the Sunday night. If would like to meet some of your fellow cruisers come along. If it's possible to add any more numbers I will also do so then.

CANCELLATIONS

Any cancellations beyond this point are non refundable. In the event of cancellation by the operator due to an extreme weather event or mechanical failure we will be due a refund, although it would obviously take a little time to organise.

Thats about all I can muster for now, looking forward to meeting everyone in just a couple of weeks time. Here's hoping the team give us a good send off with a win over Lithuania!

We'll be sailing!

Regards,

Captain Slasher. ?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, slasher said:

DEPARTURE

Departure is at 12 noon. All passengers should gather at the Landing Stage Marina Wien, 1020 Wien, Handelskai 343 45 minutes beforehand i.e. 11:15 am. Our sail time including sluicing will be 3 h 30 approximately, giving us an eta in Bratislava of around 3:30 pm local time.

ON BOARD

Can I ask all those attending to bring as many flags/banners etc, so we can get the boat decked out top to bottom in Scotland colours. There will be a bar onboard selling beer ( Stiegl €3:50/0.5l), wine (€12.50/17.50 btl) and a limited range of spirits and liqueurs. The captain has also permitted us to bring on board our own alcohol should you prefer, but please no 'T' in the park style trolley loads lol. They have offered me catering, but given that they understandably wanted an itemised order from me, I have declined. I suggest everyone has a hearty breakfast and/or brings along some sandwiches for the trip. Please also come prepared in the event of the weather being poor, some waterproof clothing especially if you like a cigarette as there will be no smoking in the indoor lounge. For those of you wishing to broadcast on Facebook/Periscope or whatever the boat is equipped with wifi. There is also an idock for tunes and a playlist is being organised. Please remember a landing charge of €5:50 is payable per person and will be collected by boat crew at some point during our sail.

SUNDAY NIGHT IN VIENNA

A few of us will be in the 1516 Brewing Co pub in Vienna on the Sunday night. If would like to meet some of your fellow cruisers come along. If it's possible to add any more numbers I will also do so then.

CANCELLATIONS

Any cancellations beyond this point are non refundable. In the event of cancellation by the operator due to an extreme weather event or mechanical failure we will be due a refund, although it would obviously take a little time to organise.

Thats about all I can muster for now, looking forward to meeting everyone in just a couple of weeks time. Here's hoping the team give us a good send off with a win over Lithuania!

We'll be sailing!

Regards,

Captain Slasher. ?

Absolutely superb, Cap'n. Thank you very much for organising this. Lady Flure and I hope to get along to the 1516 Brewing Club on the Sunday night. Failing that, we'll meet you on the quayside, Sailor.

On 22/09/2016 at 5:03 PM, slasher said:

DEPARTURE

ON BOARD

SUNDAY NIGHT IN VIENNA

CANCELLATIONS

We'll be sailing!

Regards,

Captain Slasher. ?

We get in at 1930 on the Sunday night so after we've dumped our extensive luggage at the digs we'll head to the boozer.?

Looking forward to this trip - see you guys in the pub on Sunday night for a wee swally!

Anyone else on the boat staying in the Lidner???

Thanks lads! I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. It was a pleasant afternoon spent in the best of company. After a few sleepless nights over the exchange rate I managed to make it through in the black as well. There'll be a donation winging its way to the Sunshine Appeal on everyone's behalf once I get the Euros changed back into pounds. Special thanks to the pirate crew who really helped make my day. (gutted the seagull never survived the trip though)

I have e:mailed the charter company to thank them and have asked them to send me the photos they took. If anyone would like a copy pm me your e:mail address and I'll forward them to you. I am considering another 'venture' in London next month but some of the prices I've come across are eye watering so far. If I do manage to pull it off keep an eye out for a new boat thread in the England v Scotland section.

Regards, Captain Slasher. ?