What's more cringeworthy? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What's more cringeworthy?

What's more cringe worthy?

1. The way that Scotland has been kissing the ass of the EU and acting like a nerdy kid trying to make friends with the cool kids.

OR

2. The way that fans from Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland have spent the entire Euro 2016 telling everyone how great they are (the best in the world, apparently - all three of them)?

Vote now, please.

Since this isn't exactly a secret ballot, I shall be voting for 2.

(A second 'cringe worthy2' poll will follow, should I not like the outcome of this first one.)

10 minutes ago, 86glebestreet said:

Aye but there is also a fair chunk of both Scotland and England's population wanting to leave th eu

True, and there would be nothing wrong with those folk trying to do something to make sure it happened.:ok:

2 hours ago, George Saint said:

1. The way that Scotland has been kissing the ass of the EU and acting like a nerdy kid trying to make friends with the cool kids.

OR

2. The way that fans from Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland have spent the entire Euro 2016 telling everyone how great they are (the best in the world, apparently - all three of them)?

Vote now, please.

(A second 'cringe worthy2' poll will follow, should I not like the outcome of this first one.)

Why isn't the op's thread option 3? You have to ask, does he think brexit isn't a cringeworthy ####up? Does he not think the behavior of some england fans in France with their pavement dancing and racist/islamophobic chanting a wee bit cringeworthy? What about losing to Iceland?

6 hours ago, George Saint said:

OR

Vote now, please.

3. The jealousy and massive chip that oozes from this post

ha. our boy George ignores the racist undertones of both the BREXIT vote as well as the English yobbos' violence in order to focus on the real issues at play from the last week or so............He has really captured the mood of a nation or at least the pressing thoughts of an elderly couple in Aldershot.

16 hours ago, George Saint said:

OR

Vote now, please.

Well with answers to your mini poll -

1 - I have only kissed one ass in the EU and that was an Italian bird called Maria on the way to Bari in 2007,  as for words like nerdy and cool, i presume you must have some connection to an American dictionary, so well done for integrating with foreign people.

2 - The fans from the 3 countries you mention are just having a good time,  maybe just maybe it might be a good idea for your mob to take note, instead of standing on street corners abusing  little old ladies and any other nationality that they don't like.  I must be honest  you do have the best  "pavement dancers"  in the world but as soon as a couple of Ivan's come round the corner with iron bars they are off breaking world records for sprinting.    

As for your comment  [A second cringe worthy2 poll]  -  I can see no reason why there should not be another Indy vote , the whole political situation in the UK has changed in the last 2 years.

The Bruce did not win the early battles but he won Independence as it was the right thing for Scotland, it is now the right time to be independent again !

"Alba Gu Brath"  

to be fair the biggest cringe I have had for  along time was watching England "fans" on the telly in Marseille singing "f*ck off Europe, we're all voting out".

not even my own countries supporters and yet I wanted the ground to swallow me up. embarrassed to be even slightly associated with them.

My mum is English and yet when I am abroad I am horrified that I might be mistaken for someone from south of the border.

20 hours ago, Bonnie Clyde said:

3. This thread

Since this isn't a secret ballot, I shall be voting for number 3

I'm with you :ok: 

We could also start another with what's your favourite shopping store ? But that would be childish like the original post.