Competitive football is back - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Competitive football is back

1 hour ago, Rossy said:

I'm not sure that anyone knows what point you're trying to make, to be honest.

Do you not? It's not that difficult Rossy. Folk on here were making the usual moans about Aberdeen and Hearts not being ready for their Europa League games. 

I was arguing that there's no excuse for not being prepared. It's not like these games are surprise events. 

Got it now? Or you could just read the thread. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Hypothetically starting our season in mid July or earlier is a great idea.

We may see a difference in the reality of this, as I suspect squads will be a long way from complete, as it just doesn't fit the football calendar.

Yeah the transfer window would be a tricky part. But it might have some benefits as it gives you more time to address weaknesses which may not be apparent during preseason or the first few weeks of the new season rather than having to wait until the January window at which point your season could be ruined.

1 hour ago, thewolf_1980 said:

For fellow fans of next season's Champions-elect, Rangers versus American heavyweights, Charleston Battery is live on YouTube at midnight tonight (or RTV if, like me, you're daft enough to subscribe).

Can't see Charleston winning he league next season.

On 3 July 2016 at 5:17 PM, Cove_Sheep said:

How are you paying for a 30 game league season?

Pass. Thats for the big wigs to deal with. All im saying is it seems like a good solution if our teams want to be fit enough to deal with european competition this early