Wales - Belgium - Page 3 - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wales - Belgium

George Saint

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Yeah it is strange considering they are a 'one man team' 'Bales' that they are 3-1 up against a Belgium squad of big name players. Now into the semis. Legends.

Well played Wales. yes hopefully the buffoons on this board who called them Bales for the past couple of years will now accept they are more than a one-man team.  Ramsey, Allen, Williams and his fellow premier league defenders would walk into our side. Well played Wales and shows how far behind, Scotland is,  of that tiny country (with football as their second  sport) 

The moment of the match for me was in the first 15m when Wales managed to save/block the goal with about 4 serious attempts. You saw one of their players walking back saying "fukking hell". At that point I feared for them. They have real heart like Iceland. They could hit the final. Crazy.

8 minutes ago, Bannannan said:

George Saint burned by the dragons:lol:

Are you a headline writer for The Sun?

Even though I wanted Belgium to win, I must confess that I did give a mini fist pump when Wales scored their third. I guess years of being an underdog as a Southampton fan means that old habits die hard.

I hope Portugal smash them in the semi final though. :)

17 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Belgium have some top class players....well, one.....but they're simply not a great team. And they're an awful tournament team.

Their defence has been brutal all night, and what's the point of Lukaku and Fellaini.

Well deserved Welsh win.

No doubt though Rossy , u still think Scotland are better than Wales ?

1 hour ago, Green_Tide_Rising said:

No doubt though Rossy , u still think Scotland are better than Wales ?

not just Rossy - there are a number of posters on this board who have argued that the current Scotland team are better than Wales or 'Bales' as they have ridiculously preferred to call them. Hopefully they might finally accept that more than half of that Wales would walk into the current Scotland team and - dare i say - half of the Ireland team too

I am sorry for them that Ramsey got that yellow and will miss the semi.

But Portugal are the one man team here in reality so I am hoping for a welsh miracle and a massive up you to Ronaldo.

Edited by thplinth

6 minutes ago, Wolfgang Overthebar said:

not just Rossy - there are a number of posters on this board who have argued that the current Scotland team are better than Wales or 'Bales' as they have ridiculously preferred to call them. Hopefully they might finally accept that more than half of that Wales would walk into the current Scotland team and - dare i say - half of the Ireland team too

It's delusional and embarrassing.

Scotland are dire of that there is no argument. If you do not agree you need sectioned.

If Bale was Scottish WGS would still pick Forrest ahead of him.

9 minutes ago, Wolfgang Overthebar said:

I hope so to lad

There was a few delusional individuals on here regarding the Welsh side 

Reality needs to be accepted for  a team to improvr

No shame in accepting reality.

Well done Wales...Hopefully we aim to emulate their achievements in the future

Magnificent stuff from Wales, and worthy winners.

They are an excellent side. Williams, Ramsey, Allen, Bale, Chester, heck even Robson-Kanu on the back of that performance would walk in to a Scotland team.

They play good football too, and I hope they get to the final.

Ramsey is a horrendous loss

On the flip side Portugal will probably play for penalties

Anyone watching as a neutral, what a game, what a win. No danger of saying well done plucky underdogs, they completely smashed it, if that was Italy or Portugal finally coming good or any other top team, you'd just say they survived an early scare but in the end class showed.

Can't help thinking, though, how Scotland squandered our chances when we had top European/world class players.

Never mind overshadowing Scotland, or Ireland or N Ireland - they are overshadowing England.

This should actually give hope to all us shite team supporters. On paper there's not much between Scotland and Wales.

That brings us nicely on to shite managers...

The biggest problem with Belgium is the manager. Their players are top notch. When they get someone in that's heard of tactics they'll win everything.

Well done Wales,  as a team, they have done great. People focus on bale, and that allows others to play and create chances, they are a team. 

Bale is not a superstar in that team, he is part of it, and is clever enough to realise that, and will work to win as part of the team.  Iceland are the same - and that is what people forget, teamwork will win games.

its easy to say that you need world class players, and of course it should make it easier, but without the team spirit and ethic, you win nothing.

1 hour ago, bonzo said:

Robson kanu's goal was a peach the way he sold the defenders brilliant :wave:

What was Hair Bear doing??? Get goal side man!

Congratulations Wales,  soooo jealous.  I've watched Scotland in 8 tournaments and we've never come close to emulating that...

1 hour ago, Brassrubber said:

Wales were dreadful against england they arent really that good

but great against belgium , russia and decent against slovakia in the euros .........and got 4 pts out of 6 against belgium in qualifying and just lost one game out of 10(winning 6) in a pretty tough qualifying group....will you stop talking nonsense

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

Wales have got Ramsey and Bale playing at a level above anyone we've had for years.

After that there isn't much difference in the level of the players available, although having not only a centre half, but great leader in Ashley Williams is a real advantage.

I don't think you can underestimate the value of having a potential match winner like Bale in your side, and he will on occasion single handedly drag them through, but I have to admit, there is a lot more to them than Bale.

As good as Wales were Belgium were awful, second best team in the world?  Someone's having a laugh.  They're nowhere near the second best in Europe and lacked everything that Wales had, heart and leadership. Wales perhaps lucky to meet a team devoid of centre halves and with Lukakua in less than clinical form, bunch of bottlers and underachieving.  Coleman has done an excellent job, well done to them, they have a resilience that currently we lack.