Wales - Belgium - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wales - Belgium

George Saint

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree, Orraloon. I've enjoyed this tournament a lot. I like the 24 teams format because it has meant that nations that don't normally qualify have had the opportunity to take part. It's been good watching the likes of Wales and Northern Ireland at a major tournament, and it's been great for fans of those countries to be part of something like this. I also liked the fact that the group stage was interesting right up to the third game.

I also think you're maybe writing the tournament off too early. We've only had one QF so far so there's plenty of action yet to come. Italy have been fantastic this tournament and I'm really looking forward to their game against Germany.

Maybe I'm too easy to please but I actually really enjoyed the match between Croatia and Portugal, a game that I've heard described by many as a bore-fest. Admittedly it didn't have lots of goalmouth action, but I loved watching Modric and how he plays the game. His touch and the way he is so composed on the ball is something that I want all young England players to watch and learn from.

If you went to bed now and woke up tomorrow to read Belgium won 3-0 then you would not be one bit surprised

There must surely come a time where Bale is unable to carry Wales to a win

England should really have pumped them and Belgium are far superior to England

I guess it will probably end up 1-0 to Wales with a free kick or penalty from Bale going by my Euro 2016 predictions so far

Can now get 10/11 Belgium

They were originally 4/7

If it was a horse race they would almost certainly lose

2 hours ago, George Saint said:

I disagree, Orraloon. I've enjoyed this tournament a lot. I like the 24 teams format because it has meant that nations that don't normally qualify have had the opportunity to take part. It's been good watching the likes of Wales and Northern Ireland at a major tournament, and it's been great for fans of those countries to be part of something like this. I also liked the fact that the group stage was interesting right up to the third game.

I also think you're maybe writing the tournament off too early. We've only had one QF so far so there's plenty of action yet to come. Italy have been fantastic this tournament and I'm really looking forward to their game against Germany.

Maybe I'm too easy to please but I actually really enjoyed the match between Croatia and Portugal, a game that I've heard described by many as a bore-fest. Admittedly it didn't have lots of goalmouth action, but I loved watching Modric and how he plays the game. His touch and the way he is so composed on the ball is something that I want all young England players to watch and learn from.

I was practising for my interview for a job as an English commentator. If there isn't an English referee then I'm not interested.