Favourite Scotland song - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Favourite Scotland song

Sherriffatman

As above. What's your favourite scotland song. Either actual recorded song or song sung at games.  

Always loved Cameron's Scorland for me, '82 classic, we can follow the road with a Highway Code, a piece box and a flask . Brilliant.  Big trip to Mexico is also played a lot on my walk to the station. 

Anyone that says Del Amitri , just delete your account .  

38 minutes ago, Sherriffatman said:

As above. What's your favourite scotland song. Either actual recorded song or song sung at games.  

Always loved Cameron's Scorland for me, '82 classic, we can follow the road with a Highway Code, a piece box and a flask . Brilliant.  Big trip to Mexico is also played a lot on my walk to the station. 

Anyone that says Del Amitri , just delete your account .  

"Scotland For Me" is utter pish with some of the worst cringeworthy lyrics ever written, even worse than that abomination that is "Ally's Tartan Army".

Saying that, so to is pretty much everything else in so called "national treasure" Andy Cameron's career - pish and cringeworthy.

"Don't Come Home Too Soon" is for people who appreciate good music when they hear it  B)

5 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

"Scotland For Me" is utter pish with some of the worst cringeworthy lyrics ever written, even worse than that abomination that is "Ally's Tartan Army".

Saying that, so to is pretty much everything else in so called "national treasure" Andy Cameron's career - pish and cringeworthy.

"Don't Come Home Too Soon" is for people who appreciate good music when they hear it  B)

Cannae say I agree with your scathing review of the Andy Cameron songs. You are right that they are far from musical classics but they have to be taken in the context of what they are. They were just a bit of fun. Andy Cameron is a knob right enough.

You are right that Don't Come Home Too Soon is the best coz it's the only "proper song" and I love the message which is often wrongly interpreted as pessimistic when it is the exact opposite. 

Best of the novelty songs though will always be I Have a Dream. 

Edited by Marky

Assumed we were talking about actual songs as in recordings. 

If we're also talking fans songs I'll go for Beligium, early 80s, losing 3-0...............Bonnie Scotland, Bonnie Scotland, we'll support you up to four. We'll support you up to four.

Edited by Marky