Jim Sibbald - Armadale Sons of Wallace - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jim Sibbald - Armadale Sons of Wallace

Hi guys.  Don't know if you knew Jim but he passed away last night.  He owned the Highlander Hotel in Armadale and was an SNP councillor for many years.  Him and I decided to form the club in 1999 when we were in Tallin.  People blame us for starting it as we havent qualified for a tournament since!!  Anyway he has Parkinsons for last few years.  But a Scotsman through and through.  His son Scot(land) his real name btw runs the Highlander now and if you ever get a chance go and listen to some of the Scottish acts that play there.  Andy Chung was on last month and back in August.  Fiery Jack play there a lot to.

RIP Jim.  A Scotsman true.

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

So sad to be informed of this.

Hope he's up there annoying the angels with his stories of the good times!!

RIP Jim.

My fav story of jim was at anfield when hhe ran a scotland bus from highlander against wales in 77 (changed days).  After the game Jims bus was heading through Liverpool when he noticed a dale guy hanging on to the traffic lights obviously drunk.  Jim, being the gentleman he was stopped the bus and carried the guy on to the back of the bus and took him bck to the Highlander hotel in armadale.  When he woke up in the morning jim took him up a breakfast, the guy asked where he was.  Jim said 'Armadale we brought ye back turned out the guy was in Blackpool for a week with his wife and weans and only went over to liverpool for the game.  Mind these were the days before mobile phones!!

47 minutes ago, Fermer said:

My fav story of jim was at anfield when hhe ran a scotland bus from highlander against wales in 77 (changed days).  After the game Jims bus was heading through Liverpool when he noticed a dale guy hanging on to the traffic lights obviously drunk.  Jim, being the gentleman he was stopped the bus and carried the guy on to the back of the bus and took him bck to the Highlander hotel in armadale.  When he woke up in the morning jim took him up a breakfast, the guy asked where he was.  Jim said 'Armadale we brought ye back turned out the guy was in Blackpool for a week with his wife and weans and only went over to liverpool for the game.  Mind these were the days before mobile phones!!

:lol:

7 hours ago, Fermer said:

Brilliant. ?

RIP Jim. Well as peaceful as you can while telling your stories. 

On 03/07/2016 at 7:03 PM, Fermer said:

?? brilliant

If im ever round that wat I'll pop in. 

RIP Jim