France v Iceland - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

France v Iceland

morrie21

Is anyone giving Iceland a chance of winning this one? I know France are dodgy at the back and with the suspensions they may be even more vulnerable back there but as much as I want to see Iceland getting it done I just can't help but feeling that France will find a way to win a close one here. Any thoughts??

Watching France take Iceland apart makes the England performance even more embarrassing.

And I don't buy the shite being spouted by Stan Collymore on Talksport that Iceland's legs went after 15 minutes and therefore it's a different Iceland team to the one that England faced. That's utter garbage. They've had six days to recover since the England game and there's no reason at all for them to be anything other than 100% fit and sharp. The difference tonight is that they're facing a team (France) that are playing well, creating chances, and most importantly of all, taking the chances they've created. There's nothing wrong with Iceland's physical condition this evening. France have just taken them apart. Simple as that.

5-1 France.

Hard to see past France winning the tournament, full package of a team even with a dodgy defence at times. 

Frightening when they attack ! 

Feel sorry for Iceland, but they have been properly ripped apart tonight.

11 minutes ago, jock strap said:

5-1 France.

Hard to see past France winning the tournament, full package of a team even with a dodgy defence at times. 

Frightening when they attack ! 

Feel sorry for Iceland, but they have been properly ripped apart tonight.

Can see Germany putting their defence under a bit more pressure though.

13 minutes ago, jock strap said:

I fancy Germany to beat them. The best team France have played so far is probably Switzerland, so it will be interesting to see then deal with a step up.

24 minutes ago, Bannannan said:

Will be an extremely tense and tight game.Hummels missing could make the difference.

missing Khedira, Schwensteiger and Gomez as well

Hummels was fantastic yday  - huge loss

Add in Ozil has been absolute muck and Muller has yet to hit form or score ......i would have to fancy france

29 minutes ago, Green_Tide_Rising said:

missing Khedira, Schwensteiger and Gomez as well

Hummels was fantastic yday  - huge loss

Add in Ozil has been absolute muck and Muller has yet to hit form or score ......i would have to fancy france

Thought Ozil was excellent against Italy. Worked his arse off, was always finding little pockets of space and a tidy finish for the goal. Crap penalty though.

1 hour ago, George Saint said:

Watching France take Iceland apart makes the England performance even more embarrassing.

And I don't buy the shite being spouted by Stan Collymore on Talksport that Iceland's legs went after 15 minutes and therefore it's a different Iceland team to the one that England faced. That's utter garbage. They've had six days to recover since the England game and there's no reason at all for them to be anything other than 100% fit and sharp. The difference tonight is that they're facing a team (France) that are playing well, creating chances, and most importantly of all, taking the chances they've created. There's nothing wrong with Iceland's physical condition this evening. France have just taken them apart. Simple as that.

Never pay any attention to Collymore. Easier that way...