France v Iceland - Page 2 - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

France v Iceland

morrie21

32 minutes ago, Jaggy Jim said:

Thought Ozil was excellent against Italy. Worked his arse off, was always finding little pockets of space and a tidy finish for the goal. Crap penalty though.

thought the complete opposite tbh  - really poor first half in particular.

As others have said  - the main thing that will give germany hope is frances dodgy defence...they have conceded against Romania, Iceland , ROI and they looked suspect against the swiss ,so you would think Germany should find the net against them, however they Muller to find his form and with Gomez suspended that maybe easier said than done

France do seem to be coming into something of form , although I would not be worried about the french crowd.....they tend not to overly supportive if things aint going their way.

As  George Said said ...so much class in midfield and attack....i think that will be enough to get france over the line

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

2 hours ago, George Saint said:

Watching France take Iceland apart makes the England performance even more embarrassing.

And I don't buy the shite being spouted by Stan Collymore on Talksport that Iceland's legs went after 15 minutes and therefore it's a different Iceland team to the one that England faced. That's utter garbage. They've had six days to recover since the England game and there's no reason at all for them to be anything other than 100% fit and sharp. The difference tonight is that they're facing a team (France) that are playing well, creating chances, and most importantly of all, taking the chances they've created. There's nothing wrong with Iceland's physical condition this evening. France have just taken them apart. Simple as that.

I know it's kinda hard to tell, if you are listening to the commentators, but England weren't playing tonight.

10 hours ago, Green_Tide_Rising said:

thought the complete opposite tbh  - really poor first half in particular.

As others have said  - the main thing that will give germany hope is frances dodgy defence...they have conceded against Romania, Iceland , ROI and they looked suspect against the swiss ,so you would think Germany should find the net against them, however they Muller to find his form and with Gomez suspended that maybe easier said than done

France do seem to be coming into something of form , although I would not be worried about the french crowd.....they tend not to overly supportive if things aint going their way.

As  George Said said ...so much class in midfield and attack....i think that will be enough to get france over the line

Romania and ROI were penalties, so only Iceland have scored in open play