Chilcot Report - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Name two.

Devolved power to the Scottish Parliament

Introduced National Minimum wage

What I don't understand is how Blair can stand there and insist he didn't mislead anyone, when it's clear that many parliamentarians, had they known what Blair knew, would not have voted for the war.

Blair to Bush " So our fundamental goal is to spread our values of freedom, democracy, tolerance and the rule of law, " What an arrogant god bothering fcukwit, Fundamental christian values at their best, bringing civilisation to the ignorant hordes with the gun and the bomb, what a cnut.

2 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

Blair to Bush " So our fundamental goal is to spread our values of freedom, democracy, tolerance and the rule of law, " What an arrogant god bothering fcukwit, Fundamental christian values at their best, bringing civilisation to the ignorant hordes with the gun and the bomb, what a cnut.

I think thats over dramatising it

Blair played a big part in ending the conflict in Kosovo (saving thousands of Muslim lives) and probably thought he could do the same elsewhere 

4 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

To be honest they're not bad values to aspire to, are they? Though unlikely to be spread by aggressive wars based on flawed information and scant regard for what sort of mess would exist afterwards.

4 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I think thats over dramatising it

Blair played a big part in ending the conflict in Kosovo (saving thousands of Muslim lives) and probably thought he could do the same elsewhere 

3 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

To be honest they're not bad values to aspire to, are they? Though unlikely to be spread by aggressive wars based on flawed information and scant regard for what sort of mess would exist afterwards.

Hence the 'arrogant, god bothering fcukwit' preface. It's exactly the same logic as all the other religious nut jobs use to justify their murderous actions.

Fair play to Blair though - he'll have spent long hours studying footage of people with a conscience showing remorse and regret for what they've done and will have made every effort to mimic them convincingly. It's by no means easy for psychopaths to do what he did today.

57 minutes ago, neilser said:

Fair play to Blair though - he'll have spent long hours studying footage of people with a conscience showing remorse and regret for what they've done and will have made every effort to mimic them convincingly. It's by no means easy for psychopaths to do what he did today.

I'd forgotten how good his thespian skills were. Astonishing performance today....

42 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

i haven't heard any mention of David Kelly. I assume that bit is still being covered up.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, or to the MI5 wet team who accompanied Dr Kelly into the wooded area.

Blair is a scurrilous, despicable, arrogant and duplicitous excuse for a human being. An utter scumbag.

He has now come out today insisting the world is a better place today than it was in 2003 due to his "intervention" in 2003.

For the families and loved ones of the 179 British servicemen and women who were killed in his illegal war, the world is a significantly worse place today than it was in 2003.

For the families and loved ones of the 24 British civilians who were killed in his illegal war, the world is a significantly worse place today than it was in 2003.

For the families and loved ones of the 150,000 or so innocent Iraqi civilians who were killed in his illegal war, the world is a significantly worse place today than it was in 2003.

For the 1,000,000 or so Iraqi refugees displaced by his illegal war, the world is a significantly worse place today than it was in 2003.

For the families and loved ones of the 52 innocent civilians who were killed (including a colleague of mine) and the 700 odd innocent men and women who were injured in the 7/7 London bombings, which arose as a direct result of his illegal war, the world is a significantly worse place today than it was in 2003.

For the families and loved ones of the countless thousands of innocent people killed in several terrorist atrocities including Paris, Brussels, Bangladesh, Libya and all the rest, not to mention Iraq itself, directly arising from his illegal war, the world is a significantly worse place today than it was in 2003.

Today, Blair has in one ill advised utterance paid these thousands upon thousands of people the ultimate disrespect.

He is the modern day personification of evil and I hope he rots in hell.  The sooner the better.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

35 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Blair is a scurrilous, despicable, arrogant and duplicitous excuse for a human being. An utter scumbag.

He has now come out today insisting the world is a better place today than it was in 2003 due to his "intervention" in 2003.

For the families and loved ones of the 179 British servicemen and women who were killed in his illegal war, the world is a significantly worse place today than it was in 2003.

For the families and loved ones of the 24 British civilians who were killed in his illegal war, the world is a significantly worse place today than it was in 2003.

For the families and loved ones of the 150,000 or so innocent Iraqi civilians who were killed in his illegal war, the world is a significantly worse place today than it was in 2003.

For the 1,000,000 or so Iraqi refugees displaced by his illegal war, the world is a significantly worse place today than it was in 2003.

For the families and loved ones of the 52 innocent civilians who were killed (including a colleague of mine) and the 700 odd innocent men and women who were injured in the 7/7 London bombings, which arose as a direct result of his illegal war, the world is a significantly worse place today than it was in 2003.

For the families and loved ones of the countless thousands of innocent people killed in several terrorist atrocities including Paris, Brussels, Bangladesh, Libya and all the rest, not to mention Iraq itself, directly arising from his illegal war, the world is a significantly worse place today than it was in 2003.

Today, Blair has in one ill advised utterance paid these thousands upon thousands of people the ultimate disrespect.

He is the modern day personification of evil and I hope he rots in hell.  The sooner the better.

Very well said sir.

1 hour ago, DaveyDenoon said:

You forgot the millions and millions that are living in destroyed societies in constant fear and terror, every minute, every day as a direct/indirect result of this war.

It is almost impossible to have a rational debate around something that happened 13 years ago because most of us have selective memories as well as hindsight bias 

The Guardian has a good piece

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/05/tony-blair-iraq-war-chilcot

30 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

It is almost impossible to have a rational debate around something that happened 13 years ago because most of us have selective memories as well as hindsight bias 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jul/05/tony-blair-iraq-war-chilcot

True, I would guess that Blair has probably got the best insight and recollection as to what happened 13 years ago, and he seems rather proud of his 'achievement', would do the same again. Think that says it all.

1 hour ago, Eisegerwind said:

You forgot the millions and millions that are living in destroyed societies in constant fear and terror, every minute, every day as a direct/indirect result of this war.

Yes indeed I did. But my fingers were starting to hurt ?

58 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

That is very true, however we do need to bear in mind a very key point of the report which has stated that hindsight is not required to understand the mess that the invasion was going to cause.

But I do agree that the passage of time makes rational debate difficult and it does indeed lead to a degree of selective memory. That happens on both sides though.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Charlie Faulkner is a lamb to the slaughter on QT the now...

Still trying to defend the indefensible. I almost kinda admire him for going on the show and taking that stance surely knowing he'd be taken to pieces for it. That took balls!