Excellent Group - Best Chance - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Excellent Group - Best Chance

GaryWood34

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/7/2016 at 0:06 PM, Parklife said:

There's so much wrong there that i can't even be bothered getting in to a discussion on it. 

I do love when folk type in block capitals, it totally reinforces their point and in no way makes them look like a zoomer. 

On 7/7/2016 at 2:23 PM, stitch said:

as usual Parklife you answer by slagging people off and getting personal. do me a favor just block my comments and go about your time on the board without me. as i have no time for what you have to say.

On 7/7/2016 at 2:25 PM, Parklife said:

I didn't slag anyone off... :unsure: 

You totally did.

On 7/7/2016 at 10:31 AM, stitch said:

ROI did the same they sat back and wanted the draw. The only chance they had was again near the end of the game and that was an OG.

Even Poland got very lucky to get a draw

Im intrigued to know where you got the above from?

I will gladly admit we just about deserved a win , hell maybe a draw was what we deserved in Tblisi.....but we didnt sit back looking for a draw....we had spells on top as did Georgia

And OG's.....what are you talking about??? We scored twice in Tblisi ...both goals by Mcgeady ...one in the first half and one peach in the second...at the end of the game (there was nothing OG bout that one...just beauty...see below pal)

And as for Georgia in Dublin....we didnt play great ...but we deserved to win...and no OG there either...Jon Walters scored the goal

In fact...from all the goals we scored in that campaign...only one OG went in our favour and that was the 5th goal in the close game that was our 7-0 win against Gibraltar.

Poland beat Georgia twice ....(0-4 in Tblisi and 4-0 in Poland).... where  did you get they were very lucky to draw from?

9 minutes ago, The Laud said:

he meant poland were lucky to get a draw in the last minute at hampden.

Comes across as he referring to our 3 nations v georgia

But if Stitch did then i have no problem standing corrected....cheers Laud

Not sure what he is on about us and the OG and sitting back for a draw against though

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

On 07/07/2016 at 1:52 PM, Parklife said:

I reckon to get 2nd we'd need to: 

Home: Wins vs Lithuania, Malta, Slovenia & Slovakia

Away: Wins vs Malta & Lithuania. Avoid defeat in Slovenia or Slovakia. 

That's the way to do it!  

I expect England to win most if not all of their games again, so the fight will really be for second place.  If we can beat the teams ranked below us home and away and win our home games against Slovenia and Slovakia (and picking up what we can on the road) we should do it.

On 08/07/2016 at 3:01 PM, FANDABBYDOZZY said:

nout against Ingerlund

2 draws against Slovenia

2 draws against Slovakia

home win ,away draw against Luthiania

2 wins against Malta

Unfortunately, this is probably closer to how it will actually pan out.  It wouldn't surprise me if we lose to Slovakia as well and I suspect we might get a bit of a doing by England.

I admire the OP's optimism, and I passionately hope he is proven right, but based on recent form I can't see us finishing much higher than fourth.

On 7/7/2016 at 9:59 AM, Parklife said:

We were awful at home to Georgia too. Strachan's comments after the match were Leveinesque, claiming we were brilliant. 

Incorrect. We played well, created plenty of chances and should have scored more. We won as well. It was a satisfactory, if not accomplished, performance.

incorrect, we were not awful, we dominated play without creating too much, then because we had a slender lead we withdrew a bit in the latter stages of the match. fully deserved the win.

in isolation it was a perfectly acceptable performance.

31 minutes ago, Boynze said:

incorrect, we were not awful, we dominated play without creating too much, then because we had a slender lead we withdrew a bit in the latter stages of the match. fully deserved the win.

in isolation it was a perfectly acceptable performance.

I think we have differing standards when it comes to games against teams ranked 110th in the world. Leading 1-0 and then shiting ourselves in the last 10 minutes and almost conceding qualifies as "awful" to me. 

23 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I think we have differing standards when it comes to games against teams ranked 110th in the world. Leading 1-0 and then shiting ourselves in the last 10 minutes and almost conceding qualifies as "awful" to me. 

conceding would have been awful, but as you said we almost conceded, so were almost awful.

On 7/7/2016 at 9:14 AM, vanderark14 said:

Couldn't agree more here. We have a losers mentality in Scotland

I'm more a 'couldn't care less' mentality these days. I hope that I'll be more up for things once the games come round but I doubt it. Not renewed my SSC for the first time in 20 years (well travel club then ssc) and can't see me going to any of the games. Strachan, although my choice for manager, just annoys me now with his wee jokes and excuses. Not all his fault we are as bad as we are currently but he doesn't help. 

We are now the lowest of the home nations. 

The whole Scotland set up is bordering the poorest it's ever been.

It is not a good time to be a Scotland fan. 

Someone please explain why the above is wrong. I'm struggling and I am far from a half empty pint way of thinking. 

On 10 July 2016 at 3:54 PM, Green_Tide_Rising said:

Im intrigued to know where you got the above from?

I will gladly admit we just about deserved a win , hell maybe a draw was what we deserved in Tblisi.....but we didnt sit back looking for a draw....we had spells on top as did Georgia

And OG's.....what are you talking about??? We scored twice in Tblisi ...both goals by Mcgeady ...one in the first half and one peach in the second...at the end of the game (there was nothing OG bout that one...just beauty...see below pal)

Green tide what I said is about you lot playing us at home nothing to do with your other games. You came to us happy to get the draw you sat back for most of the game and when we scored the closest you came to scoring would have been an OG.

4 hours ago, stitch said:

Green tide what I said is about you lot playing us at home nothing to do with your other games. You came to us happy to get the draw you sat back for most of the game and when we scored the closest you came to scoring would have been an OG.

Sorry Stitch .....I thought you were referring to Georgia and us .....I wasn't trying to wind u up..Misunderstanding on my part. 

As for your view on yere game against my boys in celtic park.....I completely agree with it. An abysmal performance by us.....I left the stadium that night so annoyed with our manager and players.

Only one team deserved 3 points that night....and it wasn't the one in white

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

7 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

We did though. Stop being hysterical. We won, created plenty of chances and should have scored more.  

"Hysterical"? :unsure: 

we were playing one of the lowest ranked teams on the planet, yet were hanging on at the end. 

We'll have to agree to disagree on this.