Semi finals - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

sbcmfc

Think there's a bit too much optimism around Wales.

Portugal have had a frustrating tournament so far, particularly Ronaldo. I've seen most of their games, and still think they could give out a thumping if it clicks for them.

Wales have been mixed, some really good performances, but also a couple of poor ones.

Germany look the stronger of them and France, but the French were pretty impressive going forward against Iceland.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going for Portugal to win tonight, would have fancied Wales more to win if they had Davies and Ramsey available but think there time is up tonight

The other semi final going for Germany 2-1 win, think they are a better team than france tbh

I think Portugal will win 3-1 during 90 minutes.

I'm trying hard to maintain my focus and support Portugal, but annoyingly my natural instinct to support the underdog keeps prompting me to think how great it would be if Wales could get to the final and win it. I can't see that happening because I don't believe that Wales are good enough to beat both Portugal and Germany or France, but what a story it would be if they did it.

I really don't know what to do tonight. One of the guys I play 5-a-side with is Welsh. He's a great guy and I would like Wales to win for him, but then I think about how Bale and the other Welsh players were slagging off England and celebrating when we got knocked out.

I don't know what to do. I guess whatever happens I can find a reason to be pleased, so maybe I'll just try and remain neutral during the game.

25 minutes ago, George Saint said:

I think Portugal will win 3-1 during 90 minutes.

I'm trying hard to maintain my focus and support Portugal, but annoyingly my natural instinct to support the underdog keeps prompting me to think how great it would be if Wales could get to the final and win it. I can't see that happening because I don't believe that Wales are good enough to beat both Portugal and Germany or France, but what a story it would be if they did it.

I really don't know what to do tonight. One of the guys I play 5-a-side with is Welsh. He's a great guy and I would like Wales to win for him, but then I think about how Bale and the other Welsh players were slagging off England and celebrating when we got knocked out.

I don't know what to do. I guess whatever happens I can find a reason to be pleased, so maybe I'll just try and remain neutral during the game.

If you were to dislike every team who enjoyed seeing England get knocked out, your options would be fairly limited.:lol:

11 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

If you were to dislike every team who enjoyed seeing England get knocked out, your options would be fairly limited.:lol:

That's probably true. :) However, I haven't witnessed players from other teams celebrating publicly when England have been knocked out. Or coming out with the same old garbage about England being arrogant. I thought it was pathetic of Bale and the Wales players to go down that route. Banter from fans on a forum such as this is one thing, but players normally are much more dignified and respectful. I don't want to see players of England or Southampton celebrating and mocking the misfortune of other teams. When Wales next fail to qualify for something, are we going to see England players publishing videos mocking them and their 'amazing passion and team spirit'? I hope not.

3 hours ago, George Saint said:

That's probably true. :) However, I haven't witnessed players from other teams celebrating publicly when England have been knocked out. Or coming out with the same old garbage about England being arrogant. I thought it was pathetic of Bale and the Wales players to go down that route. Banter from fans on a forum such as this is one thing, but players normally are much more dignified and respectful.

Boring and cliché ridden.

Watching the game in a Welsh boozer. Bit of a morgue like atmosphere here, although that was also the case before Portugal scored. I'd like to think we'd be more up for a semi final (if we ever get the chance!)

Edited by Toepoke

3 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Watching the game in a Welsh boozer. Bit of a morgue like atmosphere here, although that was also the case before Portugal scored. I'd like to think we'd be more up for a semi final (if we ever get the chance!)

Remember the night of the Italy game a few years ago?

:lol:

That was just to qualify.

10 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

I remember in 98, in a pub in Paris watching France humping some team 3-0. The pub was mobbed but only 6 folk were watching the football, all 6 were Scottish. These countries don't deserve good football  teams.

Edited by Orraloon

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

What's that chant at all the games? It seems to be the same no matter who is playing. Do they have a standardised "Eurochant" these days?

Don't take me home?

It's the tune of achy breaky heart, think it's quite a common one at English games and the home nations and republic all singing it.

Or this one....

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

What's that chant at all the games? It seems to be the same no matter who is playing. Do they have a standardised "Eurochant" these days?

I believe they are chanting   'GTF UK' in Eurochantish. 

2 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I believe they are chanting   'GTF UK' in Eurochantish. 

:lol:

I think you'll find it's more like " GTF England, but we love the Scots"

Edited by Orraloon