Semi finals - Page 5 - Euro 2016 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

sbcmfc

11 hours ago, bonzo said:

He gave Germany nothing, the penalty was very soft I feel if that had happened at the other end it would have been waved away. Homer in my eyes. 

Rubbish. If you lead with your hand then you're bound to give away a penalty or two. Stupid thing for Schweinsteigger to do.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Rubbish. If you lead with your hand then you're bound to give away a penalty or two. Stupid thing for Schweinsteigger to do.

You may think rubbish I don't. I'll ask again do you think the penalty would have been given at the other end? 

On 8 July 2016 at 11:55 PM, bonzo said:

You may think rubbish I don't. I'll ask again do you think the penalty would have been given at the other end? 

1. There's no way on this earth that was a deliberate handball or that his hands/arms were in an unnatural position. Try jumping in the direction he needed to without leading with your arms. It's impossible.

2. There's no way on this earth that penalty would've been awarded at the other end. Not a chance.

The ref wasn't appalling or shockingly bad or anything like that - just poor.  Weak and very influenced by the home crowd. I also question the wisdom of appointing an Italian given how Germany beat them on pens in the last round.