Birkirkara v Hearts - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Birkirkara v Hearts

Anyone coming to Malta for the game? 

Can see Hearts struggling for this.  It's forecast to be 32c in the shade next Thursday...  it'll easily be hitting 40 directly in the sun. 

Birkirkara gave West Ham a serious fright last season and were very unlucky not to progress.  

Theres a couple of threads on hmfckickback which could probably do with advice re meeting pubs transport etc although looks like some were at last Scotland game talking about Fat Harrys and Scotsman bars.

Im saving myself for the group stage as in Spain till August.:P

The Scotsman bar in St.Julian's is up there as one of the worst bars in Malta.   Absolute dive and as Scottish as the queen's knickers.

They were proudly displaying a massive England flag over the fascia last Monday before the Iceland game.

They'll never see another red 'n' yella euro from me.

19 hours ago, OLAS said:

The Scotsman bar in St.Julian's is up there as one of the worst bars in Malta.   Absolute dive and as Scottish as the queen's knickers.

They were proudly displaying a massive England flag over the fascia last Monday before the Iceland game.

they should be at home then

I see in the paper that Jamie Walker credits the quality of his delivery at set-pieces with practice. Who'da thunk it? I've a feeling Birkirkara will beat Hearts, particularly with the first game likely to be played in that sort of heat.

On 7 July 2016 at 11:15 AM, Cove_Sheep said:

Only because they're getting their fair share of the blue pound...

I'm not sure that makes any sense at all, in the context of this discussion.

I support all Scottish teams in Europe, apart from Celtic, so I hope Hearts do it. What a lovely change it would be if two or even three Scottish clubs could make it into the group stages.

7 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

I'm not sure that makes any sense at all, in the context of this discussion.

I support all Scottish teams in Europe, apart from Celtic, so I hope Hearts do it. What a lovely change it would be if two or even three Scottish clubs could make it into the group stages.

Agreed, the general performance of Scottish clubs in Europe over far too many years has been absolutely woeful and embarrassing. 

7 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Not a chance. Every single factor is weighed against Scottish clubs progressing beyond the first couple of rounds.

2 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Not a chance. Every single factor is weighed against Scottish clubs progressing beyond the first couple of rounds.

Unfortunately true.

Celtic have the best chance of reaching the group stage of the CL given how the draw works for them.

The other 3 are really hoping against hope for kind draws and exceptional performances/results to make the group stage of the EL. 

Hibs have a very tough draw and it sums it up that Aberdeen and Hearts ties are being talked about as being difficult to progress through. Very few gimme ties in Europe these days and if truth be told maybe we're fighting against being gimme teams for most of the opposition.

Met a few Jam Tarts at lunch.   Sweaty bassas!  Can't blame them.  It's feckin' roastin'. 

Considering going to join them in another wee libation and potentially get a ticket.